Family Preservation Laws and Policies in the U.S and North Carolina
Two best practices for marketing family preservation services in North Carolina are the utilization of social media and a website. These were selected as best practices based on the fact that a family preservation organization in North Carolina utilized the practice. In general, companies offering family preservation services in North Carolina tend to use their social media accounts to attract potential employees and advertise job vacancies while their websites are geared more towards potential patients and consumers, highlighting their mission, services and locations.
- Pathways is a community-based care organization providing youth, family and adult services in multiple states, including North Carolina.
- Their social media accounts include Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. These are linked directly from the Pathways website. Content is mostly shared across platforms.
- On Twitter, Pathways posts a couple of times per month. The account is primarily geared towards promoting the open positions in all Pathways locations. They have 81 followers.
- On Facebook, the account is primarily geared towards recruitment for open positions across all Pathways locations, however, they also post images from Pathway's offices and have some reviews from patients that have used their services and employees. On Facebook, they have 565 followers and are rated 3.9 out of five stars. They have never run any ads.
- On LinkedIn, their most popular social media site, they have 2,085 followers. They post about once per week, primarily to highlight their open positions.
- The Pathways website seems to be aimed at patients, with the services, mission, success stories and locations clearly highlighted on the home page.
- While the research team attempted to obtain info on the Pathways website visitor metrics, there is not enough traffic for this to be analyzed by third party sites.
- Overall, the Pathways website is simplistic, with basic headings for company information (mission, company leadership, etc), services, locations, a contact form, and a link to their career platform.
- There are limited images on the site, but the images that are included reflect the target population that Pathways is trying to serve — low-income youth, families, and retired persons. Of the five images on the site, three portray Black individuals while the other two portray white individuals.
- Family Preservation Community Services provides family preservation services in California, North Carolina and South Carolina. Their website is also very simplistic and geared towards potential patients and foster parents.
- The homepage of FPCS highlights their mission, services, FAQs, and available positions. They also have a contact form. They do not have any additional pages in their website.
- FPCS also does not have enough web traffic to appear on third party analytical sites.