EY Wavespace - Overview
EY's wavespace is an innovative segment for focusing on collaboration and forward-thinking via technology.
- Some senior roles at EY wavespace include John Ward, head of emerging technology; Tamara Zimmerman, head of innovation and head of wavespace Canada; Sarah Lewin, brand/marketing/communications leader for wavespace and Alex Hutchinson, leader of wavespace Singapore.
- It is likely the heads of each office report to the Chief Innovation Officer for their region. The Global Chief Innovation Officer at EY is Jeff Wong.
- For example, head of the Dublin wavespace Helena O'Dwyer would report to chief innovation officer at EY Ireland, Frank O'Dea.
- EY wavespace is an innovative space for EY clients to help combine talent and technology.
- Its services include a design studio, showcase environments for emerging technologies, workshops, labs and incubators and pop-up mobile services.
Recently Completed Projects
- EY wavespace helped cruise company Royal Caribbean to help develop a digital-first strategy. They used wavespace's talent to develop a "shore-to-shop" customer experience model, leading to a new app, operating model and digital-first attitude.
- wavespace does not separate report revenue. It is under the EY umbrella.
- However, in 2019, wavespace grew to 39 worldwide locations, implying it is a successful endeavor.
- EY only opened two new wavespace locations in 2018, whereas 2019 saw six new locations. This, again, implies the service continues to grow. The service only launched in 2017, so this is the only growth history available.
- Its latest wavespace location opened in Charlotte, NC in January 2020. Unfortunately, there is no further information about how many new locations are planned for the rest of the year.
Information on senior executives within wavespace was not available. The program does not appear to have an over-arching command structure, as all the personnel on LinkedIn had command roles for their particular office/location. Using press releases, we concluded it was likely the head of each wavespace office reported to the chief innovation officer for their EY area/division, so then reports to the company's global chief innovation officer.
Further, it was not possible to find more than one example of recently completed projects by the firm. Its website has a short case study with Royal Caribbean, but it does not name any other projects or clients. We then check press releases, trade press and the media for other mentions of clients or projects. We also then check EY's annual report, but no additional data could be found. Similarly, revenue for wavespace is not reported by EY. EY's financial data is quite broad, and they do not give revenue breakdowns for each segment. As wavespace locations seem to operate fairly autonomous, given the reporting structure, revenue has not been compiled. We were able to give some insights as to wavespace's growth and success by examining its location expansion.