Remote Company Playbooks
- The research identified the following tools: AllHands, Highfive, Vimeo Livestream, Glisser, Microsoft Stream, Webex Meetings, Pigeon Hole Live.
- Common Features include recordings, meeting highlights, unlimited live events, live Questions and Answers, audience chat, word clouds, surveys, games, live polling; pop quiz, instant feedback, recording transcripts, integrations, and audience metrics.
- The advantages include authentic communication, safe and secure meetings, engagement, and event analytics.
Leveraging credible and reputable sources in the public domain, the research brief presents a list of tools (software) that can be used to successfully host an all-hands meeting/town hall. Data on the tools, website addresses, features, and advantages are adequate in the public domain. The research identified the following tools: AllHands, Highfive, Vimeo Livestream, Glisser, Microsoft Stream, Webex Meetings, Pigeon Hole Live. The list has been presented in Google Sheets and an overview is presented below. The research strategy at the end of this brief outlines the research process.
- AllHands prides itself in re-inventing town hall meetings for companies.
- The features include live meeting templates, meeting tasks, calendar reminders, push notifications, upvoted Questions & Answers, video questions, anonymous questions, shoutouts, video stories and posts from leadership, integrated surveys, quizzes, anonymous polls, meeting replays, highlights reels, directory, and integrated resources and KPIs.
- The advantages include authentic communication between employees and leadership. This ensures employees are engaged and connected to the company.
Highfive by Dialpad
- Highfive prides itself as an all-in-one communication with a robust suite of audio conferencing, web conferencing, and meeting room solutions.
- The features include unlimited audio and video conferencing; a web-based video conferencing solution; call recording, integration with Microsoft and Google Calendar, Outlook, Slack, Salesforce, Hubspot, Intercom, Evernote, LinkedIn, Twitter; lock meeting rooms, meeting chat, channels, contacts, automated post-meeting notes, call transcriptions, email recap with transcripts, recordings, and action items; multilingual support and community forum.
- The advantages include being lightweight to set up and manage; unlimited users, meetings, and minutes; and safe and secure meetings.
- Vimeo Livestream boasts as an end-to-end solution with software that can stream from any device via a company's website or social media sites such as Facebook, Youtube, Linked In, Periscope, and Twitch.
- The features include Full HD 1080p live streaming; brand control for your player and apps; ad-free streaming and stream to social; unlimited live events; unlimited viewers; unlimited storage; auto-archiving and video management; live Questions and Answers; live polls; audience chat; email capture; custom call to actions; and graphical overlays.
- The advantages include high quality and flawless adaptive streaming, live production graphics and tools, video library management, video monetization; live support during business hours, ease to set up and manage, privacy and security, and brand control.
- Glisser enables companies to power inspiring, unique, high participation, and engaging event experiences through its in-room and virtual event tools.
- The features include breakout rooms or virtual booths, digital note-taking, downloadable slide decks, polls, quizzes, word clouds, games, ranking questions, CRM integration.
- The advantages include in-depth customization, engagement, monetization, and event analytics including Glisser Engagement Index.
- Microsoft Stream is designed for company meetings, training, and events for up to 10,000 attendees.
- The features include a cloud-based suite of applications such as Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, Exchange, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Yammer, One Drive, Power Automate, and Power BI Pro.
- The advantages include powerful productive solutions, identity and access management, and information protection.
- Webex is an open platform with a full tool suite of tools.
- The features include default 5x5 grid view; break out into small groups; digital in-meeting assistant for note-taking and transcripts; recordings; real-time transcription, and translation; meeting highlights; recording transcripts; live polling; Questions and Answers; pop quiz; instant feedback; key-word search in recordings; automatic noise removal and gesture recognition; and integrations with Google, Microsoft, Salesforce, Box, Samsung, Apple, Slack, LG, and others.
- The advantages include simple to start a meeting, secure communication, smart collaboration, meaningful interaction and engagement, and a scalable platform.
- Pigeonhole Live is an audience engagement and interaction tool for virtual and in-person meetings.
- The features include live Questions and Answers, chats, open-ended polls, multiple-choice polls, quizzes, assessments, reactions, word cloud, surveys, chats, audience metrics, and integrations with Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Webex, Brightcove, Swoogo, and Rainfocus.
- The advantages are live crowdsourcing of questions, brainstorming ideas, voting on decisions, and collecting feedback.
- BlueJeans provides an interactive and large-scale video solution for virtual town halls and all-hands events.
- The features include Dolby Voice + HD Video, enhanced gallery view, breakout sessions, virtual backgrounds, restricted meetings, assigning actions, producing meeting highlight reels, automatic, real-time closed captioning, screen readers, screen sharing, annotation, and digital whiteboard.
- The advantages include interactive collaboration and secure and encrypted meetings.
To build a list of tools (software) that can be used to successfully host an all-hands meeting or town hall, the research leveraged on credible and reputable sources in the public domain such as the companies' websites, and articles by industry experts such as United Communications. Data on the tools, website addresses, features, and advantages are adequate in the public domain. An overview of the tools with images and a list of tools has been presented for the findings.