Pricing for Select Medical Supplies
- Boston Scientific is located in Massachusetts, US. Some of its product offerings in the interventional radiology space include Starter™ Guidewire, OPTICROSS™ 35 Peripheral Imaging Catheter, and Bead Block™ Embolic Agent.
- Cook Medical is located in Indiana, US. It manufactures surgical products, such as Cope Gastrojejunostomy Cannula and Turbo-Flo® Peripherally Inserted Central Venous Catheter, for professionals in the interventional radiology space.
- Teleflex provides various interventional radiology solutions, such as VSI Tru-Torque™ Steerable Guidewire, Arrow® Berman Angiographic Catheters, and Gel-Bead™ Embolization Spheres.
We have provided five current surgical supply manufacturers for each of wires (cannulas), IV catheters (not Foley), and syringes, as well as three examples of product bundling of these supplies, focusing on those used in interventional radiology. This information has been provided in the attached spreadsheet.
Summary/Highlights of the Findings
- Merit Medical is located in Utah, US. "It is a leading manufacturer and marketer of proprietary disposable medical devices used in interventional, diagnostic, and therapeutic procedures, particularly in cardiology, radiology, oncology, critical care, and endoscopy."
- Argon Medical interventional radiology supplies, such as Fixed Core Straight Guidewires.
- Boston Scientific is focused on transforming lives through innovative medical solutions, such as surgical supplies surrounding wires, IV catheters, and syringes, for use in interventional radiology.
For this research, we searched for and identified some key players in the interventional radiology space, such as Boston Scientific, Cook Medical, among others. Then, we extensively reviewed their product offerings in this category to identify the requested surgical supplies. While this strategy was largely productive, we found that the majority of manufacturers in this space do not provide the pricing details of their products. To get the pricing quotes, one must contact the company, email the sales representative, call customer service, or even set up a customer account. These manufacturers seem to operate a B2B model and would likely deal with wholesalers, distributors, and/or retailers rather than consumers. We only found pricing details for distributors and suppliers. Therefore, we entered 'N/A' for these data points, including the metrics of the products. The images of these supplies have been provided in the attached presentation.