DTC DNA-Influenced Health Plans
- Some companies providing DNA services related to gut biome analysis, utilizing prior analysis from other companies, creating custom meal plans, or offering other related services across the United States include Sungenomics, InsideTracker, Psomagen, and several other companies.
- Instead of recommending several supplements for individuals, Sungenomics (and some other US-based companies) analyze the trillions of microbes in individual gut microflora and crafts a unique supplement formula.
- The following contains an analysis of some companies providing a majority of the requested services (such as DNA analysis, customer gut biome analysis, creation of custom supplement plan, and offering other related services) for monthly fees as elaborated in the attached spreadsheet.
- Sungenomics offers DNA-based microbiome tests and reports with customized probiotics. Its tests and reports cover gut health tests which are included in its subscription. Sungenomics' subscription plan costs $99 per month. The company also offers a separately purchased gut test at $175
- The website of Sungenomics is accessible via this link.
- Sungenomics is a privately held company with headquarters in San Diego, California.
- Sungenomics gut microflora test allows customers to check their gut health scores, track their health goals, and discover the best food and recipes based on their gut health data.
The research brief has investigated companies that provide the most requested services (like analyzing a customer's DNA or utilizing a previous DNA analysis from another company). It also examined companies exploring their customer's gut biome or gut biome information to create a custom meal plan and other related services for a monthly fee. We also investigated the list of companies that apply DNA analysis to determine the best type of workout style or monitor a customer's sleep cycle. We examined publicly published lists, news reports, expert reviews, health and fitness journals, and similar resources for a list of subscription-based DNA and genomic test providers in the USA (especially those offering many or all of the services listed above). None of the uncovered resources published a list of companies providing all the requested services in one article. We reviewed various lists and individual company websites or related third-party resources. We included only companies providing as many as possible items from the listed services. We prioritize companies like Sungenomics because several resources (including an Inner Body publication) recommend them among the "top recommended tests" on the DNA-based microbiome test market.