The expert list for sustainability and apparel includes Liz Cook, Kristen Larson, and Achim Berg, while the experts from
APAC are Neo Chai Chin, Pat Woo, and Stacy H Lee. Mindful consumerism in China is covered by Jiaqi Luo, Sojin Jung, and Shaway Yeh, while apparel for health, wellness, and atheleisure is addressed by Matt Powell, Honor Strachan, and Bernadette Schild.
Sustainability and apparel, USA
- Liz Cook is a member of the Board of the Sustainability Apparel Coalition.
- She is currently Vice President, Institutional Strategy and Development, at the World Resources Institute.
- Liz directed WRI’s Markets and Enterprise Program, which harnesses the power of business to create profitable solutions to environment and development challenges.
- She has over twenty-five years of experience working with industry on innovative responses to environmental issues.
- Her office is at 10 G Street NE Suite 800, Washington, DC 20002, USA.
- Her email is email@example.com and her phone number is +1 (202) 729-7743.
- Kristen Larson is a senior writer and editor located in Chicago.
- She has written extensively about the fashion industry and been published in WWD, Fortune, W Magazine, Real Simple, People StyleWatch, and the Chicago Tribune.
- Her latest article in Fortune magazine is titled "What clothing companies and consumers can do to reduce fashion’s environmental impact".
- Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- She can be contacted through the WWD editorial team at 212-213-1900.
- Achim Berg is the McKinsey's global leader in the apparel and fashion industry.
- He is located in the Frankfurt office and serves clients in the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
- He leads McKinsey's annual Apparel Sourcing Executive Roundtables in Hong Kong and New York.
- His most recent articles for McKinsey were "Fashion’s new must-have: Sustainable sourcing at scale" and "Time for change: How to use the crisis to make fashion sourcing more agile and sustainable".
- Achim's email is email@example.com.
- His office is at TaunusTurm, Taunustor 1, 60310 Frankfurt, Germany and his phone number is:+49 (69) 71 62 0
Sustainability and apparel, APAC
Neo Chai Chin
- Neo Chai Chin is a journalist located in Singapore with over 12 years of experience.
- Her writing focuses on the environment and health.
- In May of this year, she published an article in Eco-Business titled "How a focus on sustainability will help the fashion industry emerge stronger from Covid-19".
- Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Her office is located at 2 Science Park Drive, #01-03, Ascent, Singapore 118222 and the phone number there is: +65 6250 2488.
- Pat is a Partner, Business Reporting and Sustainability at KPMG China.
- Before being head of Sustainable Finance at KPMG China, he was the Chairman of the Sustainable Fashion Business Consortium in Hong Kong.
- He was also Head of Sustainable Development at Central Textiles in Hong Kong.
- He is a co-author of the McKinsey "The State of Fashion" report for 2019.
- The title of his article in "Sustainable Fashion Defined."
- His email is PatWoo@kpmg.com
- His office is at 8th Floor, Prince's Building, 10 Chater Road, Central and the office phone number is: +852 2522 6022.
Stacy H Lee
- Stacy is an associate professor at the Institute of Textile and Clothing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon Hong Kong.
- She was co-author, along with Li Zhao and Lauren Reiter Copeland, of a recent article in the Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics.
- Its title is "Social media and Chinese consumers’ environmentally sustainable apparel purchase intentions."
- Her email is stacy.lee@@polyu.edu.hk
Mindful consumerism and apparel, APAC
- Jiaqi Luo is a fashion journalist for Jing Daily, a leading digital publication on luxury consumer trends in China.
- She is a graduate of the University of Richmond in Virginia and has a Master's Degree in Brand Extension from Politecnico di Milano.
- Her latest published article is entitled "Consumer Sentiment Will Define a Post-Coronavirus China".
- In the article, she writes that in China, "concerns about the environment have also become an increasingly urgent topic of conversation." Posts on social media about eco-consciousness have skyrocketed ever since the outbreak.
- Search volumes for the Chinese term (敬畏自然), translated as "revere nature" has spiked on WeChat.
- Her email address is email@example.com. Her phone number is not publicly available.
- Sojin Jung is a faculty member and researcher in the Department of Clothing and Textiles at Kyung Hee University in South Korea
- Her skills and expertise are described on Researchgate.net, where she has 11 articles published, as Retail and Sustainability.
- She recently co-authored an article entitled "Understanding Chinese Consumers’ Intention to Purchase Sustainable Fashion Products: The Moderating Role of Face-Saving Orientation"
- Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Her phone number at the University is 031-201-2540.
- Yeh was the editorial director at one of China's influential lifestyle magazines, Modern Weekly, for 12 years.
- In 2016, she attended a Sustainability in Fashion conference in Denmark and returned a convert.
- She left Modern Weekly two years later and enrolled in a program in corporate sustainability and innovation at Harvard Business School.
- She now owns a creative sustainability consulting firm called YehYehYeh, whose goal is to push the sustainability among Chinese brands and designers.
- She has worked with companies like" Kering, the luxury group behind labels such as Gucci and Balenciaga, and Chinese brand Erdos, a cashmere supplier, and clothing label that she has advised for the last two years."
- Her email address is email@example.com.
Health and wellness apparel, USA and EMEA
- Matt is the Vice President and Senior Industry Advisor, Sports at NPD, a global data analytics firm that services the retail industry.
- In a recent blog, Powell stated that a recent NPD survey found exercising at home increased by 70% and that consumers plan to exercise more after the pandemic is over.
- He also believes that the pandemic has motivated people to adopt healthier habits, which he believes will translate into increased sales in the health and wellness apparel industry.
- Powell has 40 years of experience in the industry. He is offering a virtual conference on "Best Practices for Brands & Retail in the Current Environment". Full information is listed at this link.
- His Twitter account can be seen @NPDMattPowell
- He can be sent a message from this NPD link.
- Honor is the Principal Retail Analyst, Global Data PLC.
- She spent 10 years providing industry-leading insight as a "recognised and well-regarded fashion analyst in the UK retail market."
- Honor now specializes in apparel, sports goods, and travel retail.
- She is often asked to provide comments for leading media platforms such as the BBC, Bloomberg, and Sky News.
- Strachan was scheduled to speak at the Sportwear Pro 2021 Conference on the topic of "Apparel Retail — Athleisure Market Trends." The conference was canceled due to the COVID Pandemic.
- She was interviewed by Vocast for an article on "The Rise of Athleisure: When Sport Meets Fashion".
- Bernadette Schild is an Austrian World Cup alpine ski racer and fitness influencer.
- She writes a blog that focuses on sports, outdoor activities, fashion, and lifestyle. She currently has 55.8 thousand followers on Instagram.
- Bernadette ensures the quality of her brand by having a "very intense look at potential cooperation partners and consider a lot, if we suit 100% to each other. It has to make sense for both sides and in this way, I make sure that the quality is maintained,"
- She can be reached through her personal website here.