Expert List: Sustainability, Kenya
Five experts from the country of Kenya in the field of sustainability include Dr. Auma Obama, Judy Kepher-Gona, Samuel Rigu, Washington Ndwiga, and MO. Zachary.
Dr. Auma Obama
- Dr. Auma Obama, who was born and raised in the nation of Kenya, serves as a member of the World Future Council (WFC). The Council promotes competent, sustainable thinking, and initiatives to support future generations around the world.
- Dr. Obama founded the Sauti Kuu Foundation, where she acts as its chairwoman, and the foundation provides disadvantaged youth with education and training that is economically sustainable.
- Additionally, she is a member of the Kilimanjaro Initiative, where she serves on the governing council. The Kilimanjaro Initiative promotes sustainable development in the communities of disadvantaged families.
- Dr. Obama regularly engages in topics concerning the attractiveness of sustainability among consumers and what it means from a worldwide viewpoint. She also discusses the "social pillar of sustainability", while writing about both social and economic sustainability focusing on Kenya.
- She has a master's degree from Heidelberg University (Master of Arts in Philology) in Germany and earned her doctorate (Doctor of Philology) from the University of Bayreuth. According to her Facebook page, her email is email@example.com and her phone number is 254-735-379761.
- Judy Kepher-Gona is a sustainable tourism expert in Kenya, and she has spent more than 18 years of her career assisting with instruments, policies, and models that connect sustainable tourism, community development, and conservation. She advocates for tourism that diminishes harmful impacts, yet strategically invests in initiatives that lead to positive impacts.
- She specializes in ecotourism, sustainable tourism design and planning, conservancy planning, sustainable destination development, community conservation, etc. In September 2020, she received the Martha Honey Legacy in Responsible Travel Award from the Center for Responsible Travel (CREST). She was honored for her work to modify how the world travels and enabling travelers, the environment, conservation, and host communities to benefit.
- Judy Kepher-Gona is the founder of the Sustainable Travel & Tourism Agenda (STTA), which is currently based in Nairobi, Kenya. The STTA offers expertise in the sustainability of tourism for destinations and business, and it operates as a Destination Support Organization. It works with partners in the tourism and travel sector to develop a destination/business that is future-proofed, accountable, resilient, and prioritizes sustainability principles.
- RocketReach lists three emails for Judy Kepher-Gona, which are firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org. Although a phone number of Judy Kepher-Gona could not be identified via her social media handles (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) or the website of here organization, the STTA's phone number is 254-7052-83658.
- Samuel Rigu is a Kenyan agribusiness manager and is listed as a climate expert consultant on the site Climate Expert. He specializes in environmental conservation, entrepreneurship, and agribusiness management.
- In 2015, Rigu founded Safi Organics (based in Nyandarua County, Republic of Kenya), which utilizes technology to transform crop waste from farmers into high yielding organic fertilizers. The fertilizer, which prevents soil acidification as it is alkaline, presents a higher retention of nutrients and water compared to traditional fertilizers. For every ton of the fertilizer that is sold, "1.1 tons of CO2 equivalent are sequestered from the atmosphere."
- His company's conversion process reduces the emission of particulates from the residue burning of traditional open-field crops by over 95%.
- He earned his Bachelor of Science (Agribusiness Management, Economics) from the University of Nairobi.
- His email is Rigusam@yahoo.com. A review of his social media handles (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and the website of his company did not yield a phone number for Rigu, however, his company's phone number is 254(0)725-778-829.
- Washington Ndwiga is listed as a climate expert consultant on the site Climate Expert. He specializes in social well-being, sustainable agriculture, and environmental sustainability.
- Ndwiga serves as the climate resilience project lead (contract) for Root Capital. There, he assists with capacity building for East Africa's coffee farmers, along with Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) where the focus is on sustainability.
- Root Capital operates within threatened landscapes, as 95% of its customers are located in environmental hot spots, and it promotes climate-smart practices. It focuses on climate action and sustaining both the planet and farmers.
- He has earned his Bachelor of Science (Agriculture) from Kenya Methodist University and his Undergraduate Diploma (Agri Engineering) from JKCAT.
- His email is email@example.com. A thorough review of his social media handles (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn), the website of Root Capital, and RocketReach did not produce a publicly available phone number for Washington Ndwiga.
- MO. Zachary serves as an environmental and social sustainability specialist. He is the manager of sustainability advisory at KCIC Consulting in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Zachary is enthusiastic in his view of a sustainable future in both Africa and the rest of the world.
- Prior to joining KCIC Consulting in January 2020, he was the environmental and social sustainability initiatives lead at the Kenya Climate Innovation Center. There, he supervised programs in the center's sustainability initiative such as the sustainability research unit, the sustainability advisory unit, and Sustainability and Green Growth Awareness Creation. He was also the lead program coordinator of Wesustain, which acted as a youth-led network promoting the implementation of sustainable techniques in Africa, and the lead program coordinator of the ASPK (Association of Sustainability Practitioners in Kenya).
- Additionally, he was an environmental sustainability consultant at CEPSA in Lokichoggio, Kenya, and an environmental sustainability specialist at the Green Generation Association (Kenya).
- He has numerous credentials, including a Diploma on Corporate Sustainability from Sustainability Academy, completion of the Social Impact Investment Course (Sustainable Investments) at Strathmore Business School, completion of the Environmental and Social Risk Analysis Course at INCAE Business School, a certificate in Business and Sustainability from the University of Geneva, and Bachelor of Science (Environmental Conservation and Natural Resource Management) from the University of Nairobi, among others.
- Neither an email address nor a phone number is available for MO. Zachary on his social media handles (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), RocketReach, or the website of the KCIC.