Expert List: Sustainability
Experts in the field of sustainability in Ireland and Nigeria include Aideen O'Hora, Dr. Dorothy Maxwell, and Bekeme Masade-Olowola. Many of the experts lend their expertise to issues across the sustainability spectrum, covering all environmental aspects from climate to community. Regardless, a cross-section of expertise among the 10 sustainability experts is provided below.
- Laura Costello is Senior Strategist at Thinkhouse, The Youth Marketing Company. "She is the Thinkhouse lead on purpose and sustainability-driven projects, including RTÉ on Climate, MyImpact App, The Rediscovery Centre, the Repeal the 8th referendum, Freethought FM, the Marriage Equality referendum and suicide prevention campaigns." Her focus is on the community, specifically the youth. Her LinkedIn contact info is linkedin.com/in/lauracostello11.
- Francesca Sharp "is the Technical Lead on Climate Change at ICAEW. She joined ICAEW in 2014 to build, maintain and engage communities of interest and practice in its sustainability work." Sharp "has a Master’s Degree from the University of St Andrews in International Relations with a minor in Sustainable Development." Her LinkedIn page is linkedin.com/in/francesca-sharp-57762010, she is on Twitter at twitter.com/fransharp?lang=en, and her email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Her sustainability expertise crosses over between environmental and community.
- Aideen O’Hora "has a background in environmental science and has pioneered national programmes to activate policy and organisational change. She developed the Sustainable Energy Communities programme, which is now a cornerstone of Irish climate and energy policy." Her role in sustainability for Ireland crosses both climate and community. Her email is email@example.com.
- Dr. Cara Augustenborg is an Environmental Policy Fellow at University College Dublin, "was appointed to the advisory councils of the Environmental Protection Agency and the National Dialogue for Climate Action by the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment and serves as an adviser to the Cool Planet Experience's Climate Champion programme. Dr. Augustenborg holds a Doctorate in Environmental Science and Engineering from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and completed her dissertation research in agri-environmental science as a Fulbright Scholar and Walsh Fellow at Ireland's Agriculture and Food Research Authority, Teagasc." Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, and she can be found on Twitter at twitter.com/caugustenborg?lang=en.
- Dr. Dorothy Maxwell is a sustainable business professional based in Ireland with over 20 years experience in sustainability issues. Dr. Maxwell is a founding director of The Sustainable Business Group, which provides independent environmental and sustainability consultancy, training and publications to business, government and NGOs and was established in 2006. Her LinkedIn page is linkedin.com/in/dr-dorothy-maxwell-ficrs-516876a/, her Twitter page is twitter.com/drdmaxwell?lang=en, and her email is DMaxwell@SustBusinessGroup.com.
- "Debo Adeniyi is an internationally recognized leader in sustainability and ESG, he is the Executive Director and Global Sustainability Leader, Centre for Global Solutions and Development (CENGSSUD) and also the CEO of CENGSSUD Sustainability Services Ltd, a sustainability consulting and implementation firm helping organizations integrate sustainability strategies in operations and DNA of businesses." His work crosses over between climate, environmental and community sustainability with his work in Environmental and Social Due Diligence (ESDD) and Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS). His articles written in such publications as Governance show his work on sustainability has a cross-focus between both climate and community sustainability issues. His LinkedIn page is in/debo-adeniyi/?originalSubdomain=ng; his email shows as email@example.com; and a listed phone number is +234 818 102 7128.
- For over a decade, social entrepreneur and member of the Board of Directors of the Global Reporting Initiative, Bekeme Masade-Olowola has led sustainability efforts in her native Nigeria covering a wide spectrum of issues. She is the "founder of CSR- In- Action, a group made of a consulting firm, a think tank and a training institute — College of Sustainable Citizenship — dedicated to corporate social responsibility, policy development, advocacy, empowerment and sustainable development in the region. In 2015, CSR-In-Action launched The Good Citizen, an initiative to promote positive values and good neighborliness amongst Nigerians through various education and awareness creation." Today, most of her focus is in assisting corporations with their sustainability goals. These touch both community and other environmental sustainability issues such as agriculture and climate. Her LinkedIn page is in/bekeme/?originalSubdomain=ng, and her email and phone number through CSR-In-Action is firstname.lastname@example.org 234 (0) 906 263 4111.
- Ijeoma Nwagwu, Ph.D., currently manages the First Bank Sustainability Centre at Lagos Business School whereas a member of faculty, she teaches courses in Strategy, Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Social Entrepreneurship. "Ijeoma also speaks and writes extensively on law and sustainable development, as well as governance and the private sector in emerging markets. She is on the Board of Afro-tech girls, a non-profit that encourages girls to pursue STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) careers. Ijeoma also serves on the advisory board of the Network for Business Sustainability, a collaborative of international academic experts and business leaders focused on sustainability issues." She is actively involved in community efforts, including sustainability issues. Her LinkedIn page is in/ijeoma-nwagwu-87194933/d her email is email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prof. Emmanuel Oladipo was listed as the lead expert for the Fostering Sustainability and Resilience for Food Security in the Savanna Zones of Northern Nigeria program in 2016. The program aimed in "improving soil health, water resource management and vegetation cover with direct benefits to the most vulnerable land users." He has a doctorate degree in Climatology and over 30 years of work experience in both UN "as well as over two and half decades of interest in issues related to environmental management, energy and climate change." His email is email@example.com, and his listed phone number is +234 8061284140.
- Olufemi Olarewaju is the director of the Resource Innovation and Solutions Network Nigeria at the Sustainability Schools Lagos. He is the founding executive director of the Resource Innovation and Solutions Network Nigeria (RISNN). Through a partnership at the school, Olarewaju is helping to address waste and resource challenges in Lagos and Nigeria by driving to establish RISN Nigeria with the Arizona State University. His work spans the environmental sustainability spectrum. His listed email is firstname.lastname@example.org, and his LinkedIn page is in/olufemi-olarewaju-phd-3203b616/?originalSubdomain=ng.