Company Overview - Exelon
Exelon Corporation is an American utility company founded in 2000, and distributes electricity to diverse consumers across the US, including Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, and Illinois. Their mission is to be the leading diversified energy company by providing clean, reliable, innovative, and affordable energy products. Exelon's value proposition is to meet the demand for clean energy, achieve reductions in emissions, and benefit the economy, without sacrificing reliability and affordability.
- Founded in 2000, Exelon Corporation remains one of the top utility services holding companies that offer services for energy generation businesses in the US. Exelon has 6 subsidiary utilities that deliver electricity and natural gas, including the Atlantic City Electric, ComEd, PECO, Delmarva Power, BGE, and Pepco.
- Through its subsidiaries, the company distributes electricity to diverse consumers in Pennsylvania and Illinois. The company also distributes gas to the Philadelphia region, while also operating nuclear power plants in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Exelon provides services to over 1.8 million consumers including residential, business, and public sector customers.
- The company was formed in the 20th century after realizing the rising demand for electric companies that are able to deliver sage, reliable, and affordable power. Consumers were also looking for service providers that would offer cleaner energy that addresses climate change and enhances social equality. Thus, Exelon embraced the challenge and built a next-generation company that met the needs of consumers.
MISSION STATEMENT AND VISION
- Exelon’s mission statement is “to be the leading diversified energy company by providing reliable, clean, affordable, and innovative energy products.”
- The company’s vision is to “provide innovation, best-in-class performance and thought leadership to help drive progress for customers and communities.”
COMPANY VALUE PROPOSITION
- Exelon’s value proposition lets customers know that the company can meet the demand for clean energy, achieve a reduction in emissions, and benefit the economy, without sacrificing affordability or reliability.
- With a dedication to ensure safety, Exelon is committed towards maintaining the highest standards of reliability and safety for its customers, people, and the community where it operates. Currently, the company is using drones to raise its safety performance.
- The company is also dedicated to actively pursue excellence by recognizing the value of constant improvement beyond normal compliance. This is achieved through the delivery of cleaner energy.