Akahi Capital Management
Akahi Capital Management, LLC was founded by Anthony Sellitto in 2004 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Some of Akahi's services include pooled investment funds and hedge funds.
- Akahi Capital Management, LLC "is an absolute return focused hedge fund that uses a fundamental, bottom-up research process and invests in small capitalization, publicly traded domestic equities."
- As a financial advisory firm, Akahi Capital Management, LLC, provides investment advisory services to clients. Its industry of focus is asset management, more specifically wealth management.
- Akahi Capital employs a key, small-cap, long/short equity strategy (with low net exposure) to realize superior risk-adjusted returns.
- The firm mainly trades and invests in publicly traded equities of U.S. companies. Akahi can also invest in equity securities of notes, bonds, other debt instruments, non-U.S. companies, publicly traded and over-the-counter options, and other publicly traded securities.
- Akahi Capital Management "may also invest up to 10% of its assets, measured at the time of investment, in securities issued by non-public companies and other restricted securities".
- The firm also engages in hedging and short selling securities on margin, and other investment strategies.
Company Location and History
- Akahi Capital Management, LLC, was founded in 2004 by Anthony R. Sellitto, who is also the Manager, Principal, and Chief Investment Officer at the company.
- Akahi is located in One Market Plaza, San Francisco, California, United States where it has its headquarters. It has operations throughout the state of California.
- The company also has a location in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
- The company operates under the leadership of Anthony Sellitto "alias" Tino Sellitto. He is the founder, manager, principal and chief investment officer/financial advisor at Akahi.
- Scott Takemoto doubles up as the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer at Akahi Capital Management. He has previously worked for Sabal Capital Management LLC as an analyst.
- Takemoto earned his undergraduate degree from the University of California, Los Angeles.
Estimated Revenue and Regulatory Assets Under Management (RAUM)
- As a private company, Akahi does not disclose its revenue but is estimated to have annual revenue of over $1million.
- Akahi has $18.4 Million in regulatory assets under management (RAUM) under the Akahi Fund, L. P, according to Akahi's latest SEC filing made on July 25, 2019.
Products and Services
- Akahi offers advisory services in different areas, including pooled investment funds and hedge funds.
- According to SEC filing, the minimum investment accepted from any outside investor is $500,000.
- Other than for investment companies, the firm also offers portfolio management for pooled investment vehicles.
To provide an overview of Akahi Capital Management, LLC., we primarily focused on its SEC filing details as the firm does not have its independent website. We corroborated our findings with information from other industry publications such as Bloomberg, LinkedIn, Relationship Science, and WallStreet Oasis, among others. We also explored databases such as US Companies Data to find profile information on Akahi Capital Management, LLC.