Event Booking Platforms
Splacer, Peerspace, EVENTup, eVenues, and Unique Venues are five more examples of online marketplace platforms for venue booking. Details of these companies are included in the attached spreadsheet, rows 7-11 of the 'Event Booking Marketplaces' tab and rows 2-6 of the 'Competitive Analysis' tab. Provided below are brief overviews of the identified platforms.
- Splacer was founded in 2014 and has between 11-50 employees. Its value proposition is to enable space owners to bring mobility and monetization to their spaces, and to allow people to create unique experiences.
- The company allows event organizers to use owner spaces and charges a 15% commission on the amount the space rents for.
- Its competitive edge includes its expansive network of local scouts and affiliates who help it to access unique spaces to ensure it lists the best venues only.
- Likewise, the company offers a unique 'Business Class' package that grants corporate clients access to free services and more benefits like a dedicated Splacer team member, extra payment options, etc.
- Peerspace was founded in 2013 and currently has venues across 205 cities in the U.S. Its employee range as per LinkedIn is from 51-200.
- Its value proposition is to bring people together by connecting them with unique spaces. Its online marketplace offers a more straightforward process of finding and booking unique venues for any activity.
- Peerspace competitive edge stems from its various offerings, including a communication app for hosts and guests, it offers creative-spaces that are unique, it offers honest pricing, along with a seamless booking experience.
- The company also has an extensive geographical reach in the U.S.
- EventUp was founded in 2011 and offers a marketplace for venues giving access to a huge collection of locations nationally.
- It proposes to help customers find their perfect event space. It also proposes to space owners that by partnering with the company, it will help showcase their venues to a national audience.
- EVENTup competitive advantage includes its ability to offer both traditional venues like banquet halls and non-traditional spaces like art galleries, warehouses, etc. It also delivers a one-stop-shop experience by compiling all the essential venue information in a single place.
- The company has over 10,000 listings nationally and claims to be the number one destination for finding and booking venues online.
- eVenues was founded in 2008, and its employee range according to its LinkedIn profile is from 11-50. It "develops, aggregates, and operates" an online marketplace and booking platform for events, meetings, and unique spaces.
- Its value proposition is to help clients find the perfect space for their event or meeting. Using its events specialists, it alleviates the hurdles of finding a special venue. eVenues also helps to market clients' venues and helps space owners to increase their bottom line for a small commission on every conversion.
- eVenues competitive landscape includes its unrivaled experience in the hospitality industry. Unlike its competitor, its venue search site is publicly accessible and supports listings and direct-booking of different physical spaces.
- The company also relies on its strong technology history to rival its competitors.
- Unique Venues was founded in 1997 and has an estimated 20 employees on LinkedIn. It is an online marketplace that seeks to connect event and meeting planners to one-of-a-kind venue spaces.
- Its value proposition is to offer one-of-a-kind experiences via its collection of non-conventional meeting and event venues. Unique Venues focuses on unique spaces like museums, cruise ships, etc., that offer memorable experiences.
- The platform also offers users an option to search venues for themselves or let the company search on their behalf.
- Unique Venue's competitive edge includes its extensive experience of over three decades in events booking solutions. Again, industry-leading professionals lead the company.
- The company also has a wider geographic reach, i.e., the entire U.S. and Canada. Unlike its rivals, Unique Venues has thousands of unique non-traditional venues like cruise ships, museums, retreat centers, etc.
To find more online marketplace platforms other than Kapow, Triple Seat, Gather, VenueBook, or SixPlus where users can book a corporate event or private meal, we searched for more competitors of Kapow, Triple Seat, Gather, VenueBook, or SixPlus, on platforms like Owler, Zoominfo, Datafox, Crunchbase, Craft.co, etc. Next, we went through the profiles of the examples we uncovered from those resources to identify those that are marketplaces and offer corporate events and private meals. Using that narrowed down approach, we found out that Splacer, Peerspace, EVENTup, eVenues, and Unique Venues meet the criteria and have included them in the attached spreadsheet.
To understand the value proposition of each company, we checked their websites for their mission statements, 'About Us' information, as well as the messaging included on the homepages of their websites. For competitive advantage, we examined each company's unique strengths, offerings, and product differentiation, along with competitive analysis information by experts and review articles. To identify the target market for each company, we started by checking which markets their services and offerings target. We also searched for interviews, business reports, and reviews of these platforms for any mentions of their target audiences. In closing, the detailed information is included in the attached spreadsheet, rows 7-11 of the 'Event Booking Marketplaces' tab and rows 2-6 of the 'Competitive Analysis' tab.