EV Supercapacitor Companies
Companies that provide supercapacitors for electric vehicles primarily do so in the applications relating to regenerative braking and start-stop systems. Details about 10 such companies have been documented below.
- Maxwell Technologies provides ultracapacitors and supercapacitors for a large variety of applications.
- The company has been acquired by Tesla for $200 million.
- The XP Series from the company enables automotive manufacturers to develop "high-power energy storage cells that enable a smaller footprint, weight savings and excellent temperature performance while achieving automotive quality certification."
- The company is headquartered in San Diego, California.
- Skeleton Technologies is the largest manufacturer of supercapacitors in Europe.
- It manufactures kinetic energy recovery systems (KERS) for trucks, trains, and buses.
- The company manufactures supercapacitors that can be used for start-stop systems and regenerative braking.
- The company is headquartered in Grossroehrsdorf, Germany.
- Ultracapacitors from Ioxus can be used for hybrid electric vehicles.
- Their ultracapacitors are used in hybrid vehicles for regenerative braking.
- The company's headquarters are located in Oneonta, New York.
4. LS Mtron
- LS Mtron is an energy storage company that provides products for different applications.
- The application of their products in electric vehicles is in storing regenerative braking energy.
- The company is headquartered in Anyang, South Korea.
- CRRC produces supercapacitors that can be used in a number of applications including hybrid buses, trams, and charge stations.
- CRRC supercapacitors enable regenerative braking and startup assistance.
- The company is headquartered in the Hunan province in China.
- Ultracapacitors from Aowei Technology can be used in buses, trams, and industrial vehicles.
- The company is headquartered in Shanghai, China.
- The company "develops, manufactures and markets thin, prismatic supercapacitors".
- Their products can be used in a variety of applications including micro-hybrid vehicles.
- The company's headquarters are located in Lane Cove, Sydney, Australia.
- Eaton Corporation develops several different types of supercapacitors that can be used in a variety of applications.
- Automotive is one of the major focuses of Eaton Corporation.
- The company is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.
- The company develops lithium-ion capacitors and hybrid ultracapacitors.
- These products can be used in a variety of applications including electric vehicle engines.
- The company's headquarters are located in Tallahassee, Florida.
- NAWA Technologies develops supercapacitors for a number of applications including cars, telephones, buildings, and renewable energy technologies.
- The company is headquartered in Rousset, France.
We have provided details of 10 companies that develop supercapacitors specifically for electric vehicles and their charging systems. We have provided companies from around the globe including North America, Europe, Oceania, and Asia.