EV Solid-State Batteries - Companies
After searching through credible sources, we have provided the company details for the ten requested businesses concerning their development of solid-state batteries for electric vehicles in the United States. Our findings on this topic are available in the attached spreadsheet.
OVERVIEW OF FINDINGS
- From 33 rounds of funding, Tesla's total funding amounts to approximately $17.8 billion.
- In May 2019, Tesla acquired a San Diego-based business, Maxwell Technologies, that develops ultra-capacitors, which could supply a connection to "solid-state battery technology."
- The supercharger network from Tesla grants swift charge times with around half an hour (30 minutes) to charge a drained vehicle up to about 80%.
- Throughout its history, Solid Power has had merely two funding rounds amounting to $20 million.
- The Ford Motor Company partnered with the establishment to manufacture solid-state batteries meant for next-generation electric cars.
- In the year 2017, Solid Power partnered with the BMW Group to collaboratively build the company's solid-state batteries designed for applications for electric cars.
- As listed by Crunchbase, the company has had just one funding round.
- Quantum Scape's total funding amount is around $100 million.
- As of 2019, Volkswagen and Quantum Scape are in partnership to produce solid-state batteries with investment of about $100 million.
- In 2018, CATL underwent a series B Byton funding round in which it accumulated $500 million.
- The company raised about $33,771,416 in a funding round through Valmet Automotive in the year 2017.
- BMW, Toyota, Honda, Nissan Motor, CATL, and Nissan Motor are in a partnership to produce batteries for electric automobiles.
- The company succeeded in reaching 304Wh/kg with its brand-new battery cells.
- According to Crunchbase, Cymbet has had roughly 12 funding rounds amounting to $80.7 million.
- Following its investment in creating a production manufacturing procedure for solid-state micro-batteries, Cymbet is currently distributing the company's EnerChip batteries in high volume production at X-Fab in the state of Texas.
- Enevate has experienced over six different funding rounds amounting to $40 million.
- Enevate's HD-Energy Technology facilitates Lithium-ion cells that contain 50% larger capacity when compared to conventional graphite cells. It is capable of charging cells up to about 75% capacity in around five minutes. (source 13)
- Fisker Inc. has undergone two separate funding rounds, according to Crunchbase.
- The company is one of the first businesses to administer solar panels over the length of a vehicle's roof with a maximum range between two different charges of at least 300 miles or 483 kilometers. This achievement came about after the development of Fisker Inc.'s 80-kWh lithium-ion battery pack.
- Ford has orchestrated about 17 different investments. The corporation's most recent investment was for $500 million.
- In April 2019, the company entered an agreement with Solid Power to generate solid-state power batteries.
- In the year 2016, BrightVolt underwent a series B funding and accumulated around $5 million.
- BrightVolt's total funding from more than 14 separate rounds of fundraising amounts to $87.8 million.
- BrightVolt's solid-state battery has several advantages thanks to the up-to-date Branson ultrasonic welder, Metrohm Microcell HD, Keyence Digital Microscope, as well as an added Arbin 128 channel battery test programs.
EXCELLATRON SOLID STATE
- According to its website, Excellatron Solid State is privately funded.
- It claims that its thin film batteries contain a long shelf and cycle life for flexible and ceramic polymer substrates, which makes them commercially viable.