EV Charging: Aviation
US market size details according to specific electric vehicle types, demographics, and industry-specific aviation information weren't available through public domain sources. However, your research team was able to collect helpful insights regarding the US market size for zero-emissions vehicles, charging infrastructures, and charging stations.
US Market Size for Zero-emissions Electric Vehicles
- In 2018, 1.12 million Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV) entered the US market. BEV and PHEV are two types of zero-emissions vehicles.
- The market share of BEV and PHEV electric vehicles in the US in 2018 was 1.96%.
- Globally, the EV market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 31.25% by 2025.
- Most sales of electric vehicles take place in areas with supporting charging infrastructures.
- California accounts for almost half of electric vehicle sales.
- In 2018, electric vehicle sales increased by 27%.
- The annual growth rate of electric vehicles in the US is 60%.
US Market Size for the Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure (EVCI)
- The US market size for the EVCI in 2018 was $1.1 billion.
- The fast charger segment is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 39.2% by 2025.
- Demand is primarily driven by corporate entities.
US Market Size for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- The market for electric vehicle charging stations is currently worth $2.5 billion.
- Over the next 8 years, the EV charging station market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 34.7%.
- From 2011 to 2016, EV charging stations in the US increased dramatically by 1,138%.
- The market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 39.3% between 2019 and 2025.
- The commercial EV charging station market is larger than the residential market
US Market Size by Charger Type
- The EV chargers are divided into three categories, AC, DC, and inductive charging stations.
- AC charging stations account for 45% of the EV charging station market and are predicted to grow at a CAGR of 18.4% by 2024.
- The portable charger and North American markets are expected to grow fastest.
US Demand for EV Charging Stations
- Over the past 5 years, the demand for electric vehicles has doubled. As a result, the demand for EV charging stations has also increased.
- According to the Edison Electric Institute, the demand for EV charging stations will reach 9.6 million by 2030.
- 78% of this demand will be for home charging stations. 13% will be for workplace ports. 8% of this demand will be public charging stations, and 1% for public DC fast charging stations.
We define zero-emissions vehicles as BEV and PHEV. Data on these two types of electric vehicles were readily available. However relevant information on fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV), which also produce zero-emissions, was absent.
First, we searched market research websites such as Allied Market Research for specific information about the EV charging market for zero-emissions vehicles in the aviation industry. These websites contain detailed reports on the EV charging station market, and general statistics were available. However, details about market demographics segmented by vehicle type, geography, and industry application were hidden behind a paywall.
Subsequently, we searched industry publications such as the International Council on Clean Transportation for statistics specific to the US electric vehicle charging market. After extensively searching the public domain, we were unable to find electric vehicle data specific to the aviation industry. However, your research team was able to expand the scope of the search and find the market size of zero-emissions electronic vehicles in general.
Industry publications, such as those from GovTech, revealed more detailed market share data for zero-emissions vehicles. Next, we searched for market data relevant to EV charging. We found information about the US market size for EV charging infrastructures, as well as charging stations at research institute websites like the Edison Electric Institute. These insights indicate that the EV charging industry is expected to grow. However, these reports didn't contain industry-specific statistics.