Company Profiles: Globus.ch & wish.com
Globus.ch is an online marketplace for different types of products from furniture to men, women and kids fashion wears. Wish is a leading e-commerce platform, putting a digital shopping mall of affordable goods directly in the pockets of consumers worldwide. The requested information for Globus.ch and Wish have been entered into the attached spreadsheet rows 2 to 36 for Globus, and rows 2 to 20 for Wish.
- Globus.ch is an online marketplace founded in 2010 and headquartered in Switzerland.
- Tagline: "Your shopping experience of a special kind."
- Globus.ch sells several products which include; Wines & drinks, men & women fashion wears, handbags, kitchen utensils, travelling and living products & furniture, children toys, clothes, beauty products.
- The online store offers free shipping for orders above CHF150.00 while the buyer pays the shipping costs for orders below CHF150.00
- Globus acquired Schild in November 2013.
- Wish is an online marketplace providing products at an affordable price for shoppers.
- Wish app includes a tracking features to help users track their progress, button indication for products with express shipping.
- The company was founded in 2010 and located in San Francisco, United States.
- The company's website is available in English.
We were not able to provide the funding, acquisitions, number of active users for Globus.ch. We began by searching through business and company databases like Crunchbase, Pitchbook, Kompass, Bloomberg, ZoomInfo, among others for the requested information but the company's funding details and the number of users weren't available on the databases, and the company was not even listed on some of the databases.
Next, we searched through news articles and media releases for the requested information. We hoped to find interviews by leaderships of the company or mentions of funding or number of users the company has. We searched through sources like Zeurich.com, SwissInfo, Horizont.net, Pressportal.ch, etc. Although we did find helpful information to guide our research by using this strategy, we were not able to find any of the requested information on the funding rounds, acquisitions and users of Globus.ch.
Since funding and customer acquisition is a big deal to companies, we combed through the blog posts and press releases of the company. We hoped to find news about the company's latest feats using this strategy. Unfortunately, there was no mention by the company of their funding or number of active users they currently have. We also extended our search beyond the standard 2-year period for the requested information, but our search wasn't fruitful. The reason for the lack of the requested information could be that the company hasn't publicly released the information, and they have not undergone any funding rounds.