Epsilon Marketing Solution Competitive Positioning
Epsilon is marketing services firm that provides end-to-end, integrated marketing solutions that leverage rich data, analytics, creativity and technology for clients to effectively acquire, retain and grow relationships with their customers and that's why they are perceived as a partner and an extended family of their clients. They have a wide rage of customers and their strength is their balanced technology and professional services especially with their Agility Harmony platform.
"WE EMPOWER BRANDS TO FOCUS ON THE HUMAN ELEMENT IN MARKETING."
- Epsilon claims to be a leader in interaction management with its world-class identity technology, industrial-strength data science and deep brand intelligence. Their promise is to end boring, redundant and irrelevant messaging, turning ordinary customer moments into meaningful human interactions.
- The company have helped marketers use cutting-edge technology to form strong relationships with customers.
- The company believes that better business outcomes are driven by true connections, and that comes from seeing consumers as people.
- Their range of industries are from Automotive industry, B2B, CPG, Financial Services, Healthcare, Insurance, Media and Entertainment, Restaurants, Retail, Services, Technology, Telecom to Travel & Hospitality.
- It has over 1,600 clients.
Overall customer perceptions
- Sephora — "Epsilon is really about their client service.."
- Valvoline — "They come in as a partner... They are an extension of our marketing team..."
- Dell — "Epsilon is a great partner"
- Road Scholar — "Epsilon...gives holistic view of customers.."
- It was recognized in “The Forrester Wave™: Email Marketing Service Providers, Q2 2018” as a leader in email marketing where its Agility Harmony® digital messaging platform was evaluated.
- It was stated in the Forrester report that “Epsilon demonstrates an unmatched balance of strong technology and professional services. Advanced marketers looking beyond purely promotional email will like its dedicated ‘agility keying’ module to identify users, enhance profiles using Epsilon’s data resources and then consolidate profiles across platforms.”
- "We believe the current offering and road map we have in place for Agility Harmony, backed by our rich services expertise, not only positions us as a leader today but enables us to continue to deliver on our vision for email as a personalized, performance-driven channel that eliminates marketing spend waste and drives return on marketing investment for our clients."
- One weakness of Epsilon which reduced its revenue is the lower margin agency and site-based display product offerings.
- Certain Epsilon product offerings weaknesses have also lowered revenue.
- One reference client said that “Epsilon is very expensive." and another one said that “The team does not make mistakes, but it takes way too many human hours.”
Top line Competitor Comparison
- RRD offers a wide array of communications products and services, including print and content management, which provide differentiated solutions for our clients. It also offers warehousing and inventory management solutions that allow clients to store printed materials and to efficiently ship them using the RRD platform. RRDD also have logistics operations for their clients to determine the most efficient and cost-effective method of shipping.
- RRD also have go-to-market strategies creating additional client touch points and providing flexibility to support diverse client buying behaviors and deploying enhanced offerings.
- "RRD combines actionable insights, content optimization and an integrated multichannel platform to deliver highly relevant communications"
- IWCO has the IWCO Direct 1to1℠ dynamic content management system and state-of-the-art marketing platform and a proven process that leverages data-driven technology and direct marketing services—including sophisticated data modeling, pitch-perfect messaging, and creative design—customized for each clients' business.
- It has a continuous testing and comprehensive analytics measuring performance and help improve future campaigns.
- "It all adds up to reaching your customers and prospects at the right time, in the right channel, and with the right message for true end-to-end omnichannel campaigns."
- INNERWORKINGS smarter approach offers control and removes obstacles while maximizing the impact of messages and giving its clients opportunity to better connect with customers and improve their marketing return on investment.
- They claim to offer marketing execution services across integrated marketing channels with quicker lead times and flawless delivery.
- They have VALO® technology platform, where companies can benefit from a single, multi-currency, multi-lingual platform to source, procure, monitor and analyze all aspects of the marketing execution chain.
- Merkle's marketing solutions includes customer strategy, performance media, customer experience and personalization, CRM, customer loyalty marketing and enterprise technology services.
- It has M1TM, a Dentsu Aegis Network's 100% people-based insights, planning, and activation platform, launched in September 2015, which capitalizes on the increasing scale of addressable media opportunities and the industry-wide desire for better accountability of media reach and performance.
- Orora works closely with its customers to provide an extensive range of tailored packaging and visual communications solutions including the design and manufacture of packaging products such as glass bottles, beverage cans, corrugated boxes, recycled.
- The Company also offers broad end-to-end packaging solutions and complementary services, including global product sourcing, distribution, design, printing and warehouse optimization.
- Quad Solutions team claims that they will save clients' time, maximize their return on investment, and boost your website visibility to reach all potential clients worldwide by amplifying their business via a selection of proven tools such as Google Adwords, SEO, Google Local Maps, creative website design and social media marketing tailored specifically to their client's business needs.
- They use PPC Management, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media, Local Maps Placements, Website Development, and Full Business Solution.
In order to have a competitive analysis of Epsilon, we searched relevant articles from their official website such as company descriptions, annual reports and press releases. We were able to find the value proposition, consumer landscape, strength and weaknesses of the company using this method.
For the consumer perception, we listened to random client testimonials that they have in their page and we quoted what each company representatives have to say about Epsilon. We found out that most testimonials would see Epsilon as a great partner and an extended part of their marketing department offering exceptional client service.
For the analysis on its competitors, we first look into the offerings/market solutions of Epsilon from their website and latest annual report. After pulling out the data for Epsilon we then looked into the company websites and annual reports of each of the competitor companies mentioned in the research criteria. These will give us insights in the comparison of the marketing solutions of Epsilon to the marketing solutions of their competitors.