Engineering Services Company Structure in India
At Tech Mahindra, 18 executives report directly to the CEO, compared to around 23 at Hexaware Tech and eight at Infosys. The only executives that all companies have near the top of their corporate structures are Chief Financial Officers, Chief Operating Officers, and heads of Human Resources.
- Tech Mahindra's Board of Directors has 10 members. The company has 292 executives.
- 18 executives report directly to the CEO, including the Chief Financial Officer (CFO); Chief Operating Officer (COO), CEO of Mahindra Conviva and Head of Enterprise Mobility; Chief Risk Officer, Chief Internal Auditor, and Data Protection Officer; Chief People Officer; Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Growth; Global Head of Enterprise Verticals Solutions and Portfolio Companies; Global Head for Strategic Accounts and South America; Global Head of Transformation; Group General Counsel; Managing Director and Member of the Group Executive Board; President and Global Head of Strategic Initiatives; President of Americas Strategic Verticals; President of Business Process Services; President, Communications, Media, and Entertainment Business and CEO of Network Services; President of Corporate Affairs and Head of the Asia-Pacific region; President for Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA); and SVP and Global Head of Consulting and Digital Services.
- Key departments at Tech Mahindra are Comviva and Enterprise Mobility, Risk and Audit, HR, Strategy and Growth, Enterprise Solutions and Portfolio Companies, Accounts and South America, Transformation, Legal, Strategic Initiatives, Americas Strategic Verticals, Business Process Services, Communications and Network, Corporate and APAC, EMEA, and Consulting and Digital Services.
- Group Head of Taxation, Head of Analyst Relations, Head of Business Finance, Head of Resourcing, and Head of Treasury report to the CFO.
- Non-Executive Chairman of Tech Mahindra Americas, SVP and Global Head of Infrastructure and Cloud Services, VP of Delivery, and VP of Alliances and Partnerships work under the COO.
- VP and Head of Global In-House Centres Transformation, Internet of Things and Enterprise Mobility reports to the CEO of Mahindra Conviva.
- Head of People Policies and Practices and Head of Workforce Management work under the Chief People Officer.
- SVP and Head of Communications, Media and Entertainment Business reports to the President responsible for the same department.
- General Manager and Head of Enterprise EMEA reports to the President for EMEA.
- Global Head of Brand, Content, Field and Digital Marketing, as well as Practice Head of Cloud and Development Operations work under the SVP and Global Head of Consulting and Digital Services.
- Hexaware Tech's board of directors has 10 members, including the founder who is a Non-Executive Chairman, CEO, Vice-chairman, six independent directors, and one director.
- The company also has a leadership team of 26 people. It includes the chairman, the vice chairman, and the CEO, Chief People Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Operating Officer.
- Additionally, there are several executives responsible for specific regions: the President and Global Head of North America Operations, Senior Vice President (SVP) of Asia Pacific / Middle East / Africa, and Executive Vice President (EVP) of Europe Operations.
- There are also executives responsible for particular departments, including SVP and Global Head of Travel and Transportation, EVP & Global Head of Hi-Tech and Professional Services, EVP & Global Head of ATM Business and H&I Delivery, SVP & Global Head of Business Intelligence and Analytics, SVP & Global Head of Enterprise Solutions, President and Global Head of Strategic Partnerships, SVP & Global Head of Marketing, President & Global Head of Banking and Financial Services, EVP & Global Head of Healthcare and Insurance, President and Global Head of Customer Experience Transformation, EVP & Global Head of Business Process Services, SVP & Global Head of Digital Assurance, and EVP & Global Head of Infrastructure Management Services.
- Key departments at Hexaware Tech are HR, Application Transformation Management Business, Professional Services, Europe Operations, Banking and Financial Services, Customer Experience Transformation, Infrastructure Management Services, Delivery, Healthcare and Insurance, Business Intelligence and Analytics, Digital Assurance, Enterprise Solutions, Marketing, Travel and Transportation, Business Process Services, Revenue Assurance and Learning, and APAC & MEA.
- Furthermore, the same person is an SVP of Global Revenue Assurance and a Chief Learning Officer.
- Also, there are three Mobiquity executives, including a CEO, a General Manager of Mobiquity Europe, and COO and General Manager of Mobiquity US.
- According to the Official Board, members of the Leadership Team report directly to the CEO.
- While a more detailed structure is not available, it can be concluded that department heads report to the members of the Leadership Team based on the examples provided by the Official Board, such as the Head of Human Resources reporting to the Chief People Officer.
- Infosys has 99 executives and 14 subsidiaries, while its Board of Directors includes seven people.
- According to the 2019 peer-reviewed research paper, executives that report directly to the CEO are the Chief Operating Officer, the Chief Financial Officer, as well as Heads of Administration, Education & Research, and Communications and Information Systems.
- The chart can be seen below.
- However, it is possible that the structure has changed since then. According to the case study, the source of the information was The Official Board. While some of the information is paywalled, eight people report to the CEO, including the Chief Financial Officer, President and Deputy Chief Operating Officer, Chief Operating Officer, EVP of Data and Analytics, EVP and Global Head of Talent and Technology Operations, Group General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, Head of Human Resources, and President, Head of Banking, Financial Services and Insurance, Healthcare and Life Sciences, who is also Head of Brazil and Mexico.
- Therefore, according to the most recent information, the seven key departments at Infosys are Data and Analytics, Talent and Technology, Legal and Compliance, HR, and Banking and Financial Services, Operations, and Finance.
- Deputy CFO, SVP and Global Head of Insurance, SVP and Global Head of Procurement and Global Information Security, SVP and Industry Head of Financial Services UK, and SVP, Head of Business and Finance and Revenue Assurance all report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- EVP and Head of Consumer, Retail and Logistics, Head of Business Portfolio and Strategy for Germany, Austria and Switzerland, as well as VP and Head of India Business work under the Chief Operating Officer.
- The Chief Information Security Officer and Head of Delivery Cyber, Global Chief Data Scientist, Global Head of Digital, Head of Delivery Operations, US and Global Head of Education, Training and Assessments, as well as SVP and Global Head of Microsoft and Digital Experience Business report to the Global Head of Talent and Technology Operations.
- The Corporate Counsel works under the Group General Counsel.
- The Chief Executive Officer and President of Infosys Public Services and the Global Head of Infosys Knowledge Institute report to the President, Head of Banking, Financial Services and Insurance, Healthcare and Life Sciences, who is also the Head of Brazil and Mexico.
- At Tech Mahindra and Hexaware Tech, 18 and 23 people respectively report directly to the CEO. In both cases, those are relatively large top management teams compared to Infosys, where only eight people report directly to the CEO.
- Therefore, Infosys only has a small number of key departments compared to other companies (seven versus 18), which are broken into sixteen subdepartments. At Hexaware, there are 18 divisions reporting directly to the CEO and only two in the second line, while at Tech Mahindra, 18 divisions report directly to the CEO, and they have 16 subdivisions.
- Tech Mahindra and Hexaware Tech both have executives responsible for business process services, transformation, and enterprise solutions, as well as regional heads, near the top of their organizational charts. Also, all of the companies have CFOs, COOs, and heads of HR reporting directly to the CEO.
- Both at Infosys and Hexaware, heads of Banking and Financial Services, as well as their analytics divisions, report directly to the CEO. Also, at Infosys and Tech Mahindra, the Group General Counsel reports directly to the CEO.
- The Head of Marketing reports directly to the CEO only at Hexaware Tech. Also, only Infosys has a Chief Information Security Officer, though he doesn't report to the CEO.
- Overall, Tech Mahindra has more executives than other companies. Specifically, it has 292, compared to 39 at Hexaware and 99 at Infosys.
- Wipro's corporate structure can be accessed here.
- Tata Consultancy Services' corporate structure is available here.
- Larsen and Toubro's corporate structure can be accessed here.
- Note: In all cases, executive titles of people in N-1 and N-2 appear after hovering over the departments' names.
While the organizational chart available on The Official Board provides a slightly shorter list of executives that report directly to the CEO at Hexaware compared to the company's factsheet, we decided to include all the names from the latter as it is slightly more recent. The former doesn't include executives that came from Mobiquity. We assumed that as of now, around 23 people report to the CEO, considering that the Leadership Team also includes the CEO and two members of the Board of Directors.