Emerson Acquisitions 1
In 2014, Emerson acquired Appleton Group for $574 million USD. None of the other deals between 2014 and 2018 listed in rows 28-36 of the attached spreadsheet disclosed the value of the acquisition. Details of each acquisition have been provided in the attached spreadsheet.
- iSolutions uses FileMaker to leverage CRM, billing, project management, scheduling, quoting, and HR through custom-built operations apps. The company provides consulting services relating to FileMaker and create database and functionalities for companies in a custom format.
- Spectrex produces flame and gas detectors and suppression solutions for companies in the automotive and marine industry, oil and gas industries, power generation, aviation and transportation, chemical and medical, waste and wastewater, commercial buildings, and technology industries. The company has been in business for 39 years and developed the first ultraviolet-infrared (UV/IR) and triple infrared (IR3) flame detectors.
- IntelliSAW uses Surface Acoustic Wave technology to provide sensing solutions for asset monitoring. The system provides, non-invasive, continuous, real-time temperature data for Critical Electric Power Transmission & Distribution Assets.
- ESI provides retrofitting lighting solutions to retail, industrial, and commercial customers. The company focuses on using high-quality materials and remaining "American-made" using superior packaging to protect their products.
- Yggdrasil is a company that provides "flow assurance and production optimization software" located in Norway. The company's main product, METTE, is used to solve thermo-hydraulic problems in the oil and gas sector.
- Ameya Transmissions is an India based company that provides quarter turn worm gear operators and declutchable worm gear manual overrides for butterfly or ball valve manufacturers. The company has been in business for 35 years and has 11-50 employees. The company sees a 23% growth in production annually.
- Appleton Group is a registered investment adviser that provides wealth management, research, and investment advisory services. The company works with private clients, employer-sponsored retirement plans, non-profit endowments and financial institutions to create sustainable profit portfolios.
- Paine produces a product line of high pressure and temperature sensors that are specifically designed to solve critical measurement challenges in harsh environments. The company provides both products as well as consulting services in the aerospace and defense, space and satellite, oil and gas, and subsea industries.
- By implementing site and corporate-wide reliability programs, MRG is known for "helping process plant owners and operators improve plant availability." The company leverages knowledge and proprietary project methodologies to ensure optimal return on plant assets.
In order to identify the cost or value of the acquisition for iSolutions, Spectrex, Inc., intelliSAW, Energy Solutions International, Yggdrasil, Ameya Transmissions, Paine Electronics Business, and Management Resources Group, Inc., we began our search by scouring company databases like crunchbase and pitchbook, however, none of these sources provided the actual value of any of the acquisitions. We then searched media releases from both parties in hopes to find the value in a press release or media coverage of the deal. Unfortunately, this search did not provide the value, only statements from both parties about the acquisition in general. Finally, we scoured company financials for Emerson during the year of the acquisition in hopes to find details of the acquisition financials, however, the company only disclosed that in 2018, they funded acquisitions for a total amount of $2.2 billion USD, in 2015 they funded $324 million USD, and in 2014 they funded $610 million.
In order to determine the sales of iSolutions, Spectrex, Inc., intelliSAW, Energy Solutions International, Ameya Transmissions, Paine Electronics Business, and Management Resources Group, Inc. prior to their acquisition, we scoured public records looking for financial reports, however, because the companies were private, there are no SEC filings for the companies prior to the acquisition. We then scoured company databases on sites like crunchbase and pitchbook, however, none of these sources provided estimated revenue for the companies. Finally, we scoured media releases and industry reports on sites like Forbes and Business Insider, however, none of these sources provided any details regarding estimated sales for the companies. Through all searches, we were unable to find any data that could be used as a proxy or that could provide data for an estimated calculation of the company's sales prior to the acquisition by Emerson.