Emerson - Additional Acquisitions (2000-2020)
Emerson acquired HTE Engineering Services on October 3, 2018. The names and acquisition dates of 12 additional companies acquired by Emerson between 2000 and 2020 have been provided in rows 72-83 of the attached spreadsheet. A brief overview of the findings can be found below.
- Emerson Network Power acquired Cooligy Inc. on October 24, 2005.
- Emerson SICE S.r.l., the Italian subsidiary of Emerson Electric Co., acquired Dixell in 2009. The exact acquisition date was not found in the annual report and news and media releases.
- Emerson Process Management, a subsidiary of Emerson, acquired EIM Controls Inc., on October 22, 2009.
- On January 25, 2011, Emerson acquired Turbine Control Service Associates.
- Emerson acquired the Marine Container and Boiler business of Johnson Controls, Inc. on April 02, 2012.
To identify additional acquisitions made by Emerson from 2000 to 2020, we started by scouring through the press and media releases by Emerson. After an exhaustive search, we were able to identify one additional acquisition in 2014. We then ran a similar press scan on the website of BusinessWire, which has reported most of Emerson's acquisition identified in the previous researches. This approach helped in identifying one additional acquisition from 2012. We also reviewed Emerson's annual reports and 10-K filings again and found two additional acquisitions from 2009 and one acquisition from 2004. In addition, we scoured Emerson's company profile on sites such as Mergr, Crunchbase, Pitchbook, and ZoomInfo to confirm that no acquisitions were overlooked through these sources.
To identify more acquisitions, we looked for acquisitions made by Emerson's subsidiaries including Emerson Process Management, Emerson Climate Technologies, and Emerson Network Power (which is now sold to Platinum Equity as Vertiv) on Crunchbase and in news and media articles This approach also helped in identifying more acquisitions.
To confirm that we have exhausted all acquisitions made by Emerson, we started conducting a comprehensive year-by-year news release scan for acquisitions. This revealed several more results, however, due to the shortage of time to sift through hundreds of news articles for Emerson and its subsidiaries while avoiding duplicates, this extensive news scan could only be performed for three years. We are confident that with additional follow up research, we will be able to uncover some more acquisitions.