Emerging Sports and Fashion Brands: Part 1
Three of the more interesting brands emerging at the intersection of sports and men's fashion include Rhone, Myles Apparel, and Fourlaps. Rhone is a brand that sells activewear made from high-quality materials. Myles Apparel is a brand that makes apparel that can be used during workouts and other outdoor activities.
- Rhone is a men’s lifestyle and activewear brand that was launched in 2014. It is viewed as an emerging brand due to the tremendous growth it has experienced and strong customer following despite it being relatively new. The company grew by 500% in 2015 and has its products in 127 stores in the U.S. including Nordstrom.
- Rhone falls at the intersection of sports and apparel because the company makes products that can be worn “from the gym to the office.”
- Rhone positions itself as a premium brand that sells activewear made from high-quality materials.
- Rhone’s mission statement is “to create a new standard in men’s activewear that speaks directly to how men live, work, and sweat in the 21st century."
- The company sells short sleeve and sleeveless shirts, such as Swift Short Sleeve, Fuse Sleeveless, and Method Seamless Short Sleeve. In addition, Rhono sells pants, such as Commuter Slim Pants, Spar Tactel Jogger, and Torrent Pants.
- The brand distinguishes itself from its competitors by using GoldFusion, a technology that infuses gold particles in high-performance fabrics, which makes its garments long-lasting, soft, safe, and odor neutralizing.
- Myles Apparel is a men’s activewear company that was launched in 2014. The brand is considered emerging because despite it being relatively new, it is recognized as one of the best activewear brands by industry sites such as HiConsumption and InsideHook.
- The brand is at the intersection of apparel and sports because it focuses on creating athletic apparel that is not confined to sporting activities. Instead, the company makes clothes that are versatile and stylish so that they can be worn for workouts and other outdoor activities such as walking around town.
- Myles Apparel positions itself as a lifestyle brand that sells stylish activewear that is not confined to the gym.
- Myles Apparel’s mission statement is “to deliver a fresh perspective on fitness and inspire stylish, healthy(ish) lives.”
- Some of the brand’s products include shorts, such as Seacliff swim shorts, everyday shorts, and momentum shorts. In addition, the brand sells hoodies such as everyday pullover hoodies. In addition, the company sells socks such as merino wool no-show socks and merino wool crew socks.
- The brand distinguishes itself from competition by not focusing on garish colors and graphics. Instead, it concentrates on functional details and classic looks that are timeless.
- Fourlaps is an apparel brand that was launched in 2016. It is viewed as an emerging brand since it became a seven-figure business without receiving outside funding. The company’s sales are up 1270% year-over-year.
- The company lies at the intersection of sports and apparel since it designs performance apparel that is stylish and versatile, which can be used in different situations besides athletics.
- Fourlaps positions itself as a brand that makes stylish and versatile performance apparel.
- The brand’s mission statement is “To create versatile performance apparel that helps you reach your peak at the gym, on the run, and everywhere life takes you.”
- The company sells graphic t-shirts, jackets, shorts, tanks, joggers, and hats. Examples of jackets include the Venture Half-Zip and Relay Track Jacket. T-shirts include Motto Signature Tee, Reflective 4 Dash Tank, and Hustle Signature Tee.
- Fourlaps distinguishes itself from its competitors since it makes athletic apparel that is well-designed, fashionable, and targeted towards the urban professional.