Sectionalizers - US Market Size
The size of the North American market for sectionalizers was found to be $424.8 million. The market is currently being driven by the recent revival of the technology sector and the thriving water treatment industry.
- The global market size of sectionalizers is projected to reach $1.2 billion by year-end 2020.
- According to a recent study by Business Industry Reports, the North American region is currently the largest market for sectionalizers.
- In 2014, the North American region held a 35.4 percent market share of the global sectionalizer market.
- The US market size for medium voltage equipment consisting of sectionalizers, circuit reclosers, surge arresters, and other similar power distribution devices was valued at $3.8 billion in 2019.
- The North American sectionalizer market is currently being driven by the recent revival of the technology sector and the thriving water treatment industry.
To determine the current market size of sectionalizers in the United States, we reviewed several industry reports on sectionalizers from trusted publishers, such as MarketsandMarkets, Newton-Evans, and Business Industry Reports. Although this approach provided us with the global market size for sectionalizers, we were unable to identify any credible source that specifically details the market size of sectionalizers in the United States.
Next, we decided to triangulate the missing data by identifying readily available statistics we can use to estimate the US segment of the market. Specifically, we sought to determine the proportion of global sectionalizers that is sold in the US. Utilizing this approach, we were only able to determine the proportion of global sectionalizers that was sold in the North American region in 2014. Based on these findings, we were able to triangulate the size of the North American segment of the market.
The calculation is presented below:
- Global sectionalizer market = $1.2 billion.
- Market share for the North American region = 35.4 percent in 2014.
Assuming the market share remained constant to date, we can safely estimate the market size for the North American segment to be = 35.4/100 * $1.2 billion = $424.8 million.
We were unable to find any additional source that provided a further breakdown for the US market as it appeared to be unavailable after an exhaustive search of paywalled and free industry reports. The following paywalled reports may have more useful information:
- The Global Sectionalizer Market Report — published by Business Industry Reports (2019).
- Overview of the 2017-2020 U.S. Transmission and Distribution Equipment Market — published by Newton-Evan Research Company (2020).