Electric Vehicles in the US, Part 2
We were able to identify five additional electric vehicles that can be purchased and delivered to the buyer by March 1, 2021. They include Rivian, Chevrolet Bolt, the Ford Mustang Mach E, the Mercedes Benz EQC, and the Fiat 500e. All the information has been entered in the attached spreadsheet.
- The Mercedes Benz EQC is expected to be available for purchase in the US from April 2020.
- Its base price is $67,900 and has an estimated range of around 200 miles.
- The Chevrolet Bolt is the successor to the discontinued Volt model that has a base price of $36,620.
- Its range is estimated at 259 miles.
- The Fiat 500e has a somewhat limited range of 84 miles per charge.
- This vehicle is currently available only in California and Oregon.
- Its base price is $33,460.
- Production of both the Rivian truck R1T and the Rivian SUV R1S is expected to commence in the second half of 2020. The company is taking pre-orders for a $1,000 refundable deposit but isn't providing delivery dates.
- The RS1 has a base price of $72,500 while the R1T costs $69,000. The manufacturer claims that the vehicles can traverse more than 400 miles per charge,
Ford Mustang Mach E
- The Ford Mustang Mach E is available for pre-order in four different versions for a $500 refundable deposit. Deliveries are expected to commence in "late 2020 to spring 2021."
- The Mach E costs between $44,000 and $60,500. Its battery can hold between 230 and 300 miles per charge.
- The SmartEQ compact electric vehicle was discontinued in the US at the end of 2019 and has thus been excluded from this list.
- The Honda Clarity EV has been discontinued and is no longer available.
The "List of Every Electric Vehicle for Sale in the US", published by Roadshow in January 2020, provided the starting point to our research. We cross-checked the list against other available lists published earlier and then verified each entry on the list with independent sources. Some of the vehicles such as the two Rivian models, the Ford Mustang Mach E, the Mercedes EQC, and the Fiat 500e are expected to be available for delivery by March 2021 and have been added to the original list.