Edward Laukes is leading Toyota's marketing of new vehicle models and branding of Toyota in the United States. He has shown marketing leadership in key Toyota campaigns including 2020 Toyota Prius "It's Unbelievable" and 2020 Olympics "Start Your Impossible" marketing campaigns.
- On the launch of the 2020 Toyota Prius "It's Unbelievable" marketing campaign, Edward Laukes notes that "Prius is, once again, setting the bar for hybrid sedans ... The performance, versatility, and technology in the 2020 Prius empowers drivers to go anywhere, and the campaign lets consumers catch a glimpse of what that freedom feels like.”
- On the launch of the 2019 Rav4 Hybrid, Edward Laukes said “The 2019 Rav4 HV is the vehicle that will shatter perceptions of hybrids, much like how Toni is shattering perceptions of a football player ... We’re excited to highlight Toni’s inspirational story during the big game and remind viewers that assumptions should always be challenged.”
- Regarding Toyota's Olympic sponsorship and marketing campaign Edward Laukes said, “As we look toward the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020, Toyota’s partnership with these six summer NGBs (National Governing Body) allows us to reinforce our mobility message to new audiences ... By working with traditional Olympic and Paralympic sports, as well as new and exciting additions to the Olympic Games, we can expand our reach in key markets and tap into the passionate fan base that can be found within each of these NGBs.”
- Toyota customized a Tundra truck to have a pizza-making robot for the SEMA show. Edward Laukes shared his thoughts on the development, "The SEMA show has been very important to Toyota, It gives us, really, an opportunity to build really cool stuff, customize some stuff and let people's imagination run wild."
- On the launch of the 2020 Toyota Avalon, "We are really excited of the all brand new Avalon, if you can start off by looking at the styling on the front of this car this totally aggressive is an all new first for the Avalon."
Launch of 2020 Toyota car models
- Toyota partnered with the agencies Saatchi & Saatchi, Conill Advertising and Intertrend, to launch the "It's Unbelievable" marketing campaign that promotes the 2020 Toyota Prius. Edward Laukes is leading the US marketing campaign that covers online news media, social media, and media placements.
- Marketing agencies Burell Communication, Saatchi & Saatchi, and Zenith Media are leading the 2019 Rav4 Hybrid launch. The advertising campaign features Toni Harris, a female football player who is seeking to redefine football as Rav4 is redefining driving. From the start of 2019 to date, Edward Laukes has been leading the 2019 Rav4 Hybrid promotional campaign.
Tokyo Olympics campaign
- Toyota was selected as the official worldwide mobility partner for the Olympic and Paralympic games for eight years starting 2017 up to 2024.
- As the mobility partner of the Olympics, Toyota debuted the "Start Your Impossible" marketing campaign in 27 countries that later spread out to 43 countries. The campaign's focus period was the 2018 Winter Games in South Korea and was extended to cover the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Tokyo.
- Edward Laukes is leading the Toyota's US marketing push for the Toyota partnership with Olympics covering its US team sponsorship and its inspirational marketing campaign.
- Edward Laukes is leading Toyota USA partnering with 16 US teams for the Olympics including the US National Wheelchair Basketball Association, USA Skateboarding, USA Surfing, USA Swimming, USA Track & Field, and USA Triathlon. Notably, Toyota USA is also sponsorship of a hospitality house for the US Olympics Team at the Olympics village.
- Driven by US economic growth and cheap oil prices, the SUVs and light trucks market segments have been growing rapidly. In tandem with the customer shift, some automakers are abandoning the sedan market segment.
- In recognition of the declining automaker interest in the sedan market segment, Toyota is responding by ramping up its sales to target a larger market share of sedan and small car sales. Edward Laukes is leading Toyota's push to capture sales of the sedan market through marketing the Corolla and Camry models.