Eccles Theater in Utah
The Broadway at the Eccles theater in Utah was built in 2016, with the specific goal to focus and display some of the local art events and shows. The theater is situated at a very central place, near most of the city's famous restaurants and dinners, which is a big reason for its wide-spread popularity.
- Built in 2016, the Eccles Theater Utah features a very modern design, inspired by local themes and art, that features a stunning glass-walled facade.
- In collaboration with the city of Salt Lake City, the theater was built with a specific focus towards the arts, as 84.7% of the local population regularly visit art shows and events.
- The theater itself offers many different entertainment options such as art events, concerts by the Utah Symphonic Orchestra, music events, and talk shows.
- It is also situated near some of the most iconic restaurants in the city, which boosts the visitor's experience even more.
- The tickets to their shows are sold through AtRix or at their box office.
- The theater also offers some special events such as the behind-the-scene visits and public tours for some of its more popular shows.
- Moreover, Eccles also provides 25 free tickets to Salt Lake City residents that receive SNAP benefits or are eligible for free or reduced lunches.
- Eccles has also set up a DOMO Education program where a part of the theater's profits go towards funding Utah students' scholarships, school playwrights, highscool theater awards, and even tutoring from the touring cast of their most famous plays.
- The Eccles Theater is extremely well-received by their audiences, featuring overwhelmingly positive comments and reviews. They are rated 4.6 out of 5 on Facebook, 4.5 out of 5 on A View from My Seat, 4.8 out of 5 on Google Review out of 3,419 reviews, and 4 out of 5 on Yelp!.
- A good part of them enjoy the architecture, stating that the theater features a great mix of the modern and the historic.
- There have also been comments about its acoustics and great sound distribution across the theater.
- Others have stated that the seats are very comfortable and the overall ambiance in the theater is very enjoyable.
- Customers have also mentioned that no matter how far they sit, they have a full and clear view of the stage.
- However, a lot of customers have also mentioned that the theater has constant problems with their air conditioning system, leading to extremely hot shows, especially when it is warm outside as well.