Early Stage VC Firms-Ohio
The requested details on 7 venture capital firms based in Columbus, Ohio have been provided below. Some of the companies covered are Loud Capital, Rockbridge Capital and Talisman Capital Partners. Loud Capital has a minimum of $25 million in capital under management and is led by Darshan Vyas and Navin Goyal who are both co-founders and managing partners. Rockbridge Capital invests in the hospitality sector, particularly in hotels. The company has $1.4billion+ in capital under management. Talisman Capital Partners is a family-owned private investment company. They boast of $1billion+ in assets under management.
- Tom Walker — President & chief executive officer
- Ryan Helon — Executive vice president, investment funds
- Wayne Embree — Executive vice president, investments & venture acceleration.
- Rev1 Ventures has 80 companies in its portfolio representing 5 business sectors which are biosciences, agribusiness, alternative energy, advanced materials and IT/Health IT. Some companies in their portfolio are;
- Cape Analytics — Operating in the IT/Health IT sector, they identify the attributes of properties using geospatial imagery and machine learning, to enable insurance companies to provide "more accurate quotes".
- BeeHex — Beehex uses robotics technology in the modernization and personalization of food preparation.
- Ecolibrium Solar — This company designs and supplies commercial and residential properties with "innovative solar racking and support solutions".
- Rich Langdale — Managing partner
- Bill Frank — Partner
- Lindsay Karas — Partner
- NCT ventures has over 25 companies under its portfolio representing several sectors such as manufacturing, technology, and fashion. Some companies in their portfolio are listed below;
- Heureka Software — Provides tools for organizations to enable them to solve unstructured data challenges.
- Jadetrack — Uses data & analytics to enable organizations to maximize energy efficiency and sustainability.
- Chris Olsen — Partner
- Andy Jenks — Partner
- Christina Perry — Chief financial officer
- Drive Capital has over 25 companies in its portfolio representing several sectors including e-commerce, agribusiness, and healthcare. Some companies in their portfolio are listed below.
- Aver — Improves transparency and simplicity in healthcare billing.
- Beam — Promotes an innovative method for group dental insurance in small and large organizations.
- Duolingo — Helping people learn languages free of charge.
- Loud Capital describes itself as "venture for people". The company is aimed at serving the companies they invest in by actively participating in their business and working with them side by side.
- They type of investments they target are alternative investments, loud global impact, and legacy.
The company has invested and manages a minimum of $25 million in investments from different funds.
- The company can be reached through its Columbus office located at 375 N Front Street, Suite 125, Columbus — Ohio 43215, or its Chicago office located at 550 West Washington Blvd, Suite 201 Chicago, IL 60661.
- They can also be contacted via the contact form on their website.
- Darshan Vyas — Managing partner and co-founder.
- Navin Goyal — Managing partner and co-founder.
- Ryan Retcher — Partner.
- Hot Chicken Takeover (portfolio) — "All-natural, steroid and hormone-free" chicken-based fast-food restaurant.
OHIO INNOVATION FUND
- This venture capital firm partners with high growth startups based in Ohio and throughout the Midwest with a view of developing the entrepreneurial ecosystem of the state of Ohio.
- Its mission is to create future industries in Ohio with global impacts, by providing expertise and venture capital to early-stage companies in the state.
- They target companies operating in several industries such as MedTech, cybersecurity, data science, artificial intelligence, and advanced manufacturing.
- Ohio Innovation Fund boasts of a minimum of $40 million in capital under management. The company has also created a market value of $10B+.
- The company can be reached through its office located at 629 N.high street, 4th floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215, or via the contact form on its website.
- Bill Samuel — Managing director
- Jill Raderstorf — Partner
- Employstream — A candidate engagement and on boarding automation platform.
- Connxus — A simplified supplier management platform.
- Spirosure — Creates monitoring and diagnostics devices for people with respiratory ailments.
- Rockbridge Capital has been in existence for 20 years and is involved in investments within the hospitality industry, making over 225 investments in hotels across 38 states in the US.
- The company is aimed at establishing itself as the "partner of choice" for the hospitality industry.
The company has over $1.4 billion in capital under management.
- Office address — 4100 Regent street, Suite G, Columbus-Ohio 43219
- Phone — 614-246-2400
- Fax — 614-246-2481
- Email — firstname.lastname@example.org
- James T. Merkel — Chief executive officer
- Jordan Hansell — President
- Todd A. Walter — Executive vice president and general counsel
- The company focuses on investing in hotels and has made investments in notable hotel chains such as Marriott hotels & resorts, Hilton, Hyatt, and Starwood.
TALISMAN CAPITAL PARTNERS
- Talisman Capital Partners is a family-owned, private investment company operating from Columbus, Ohio. The company emphasizes real partnerships, building on the strengths of existing businesses, and investing their capital without the help of any external investors.
- The company focuses on investing in companies where they can be of high value irrespective of the industry where they operate.
- The company's flagship investments have enabled them to build a portfolio of over $1 billion in assets under management.
- Office Address: 330 West Spring street, suite 400, Columbus — Ohio 43215.
- Phone — 614-857-5000
- Email — email@example.com
- Matt Walter — Founder & managing partner
- R. Blane Walter — Partner
- Brendan Ford — Partner
- Cardinal Health — "Fortune 500" company operating in the healthcare service sector, with a specialism in the distribution of medical and pharmaceutical products.
- Terry's Tire Town — This company provides tire-related services to tire chain dealers and manufacturers, and is a "leading distributor" of replacement tires.
To fulfill this request, we commenced our research on the websites of each of the listed firms, where we were able to retrieve a majority of the required information. In few cases, we had to use external sources such as the Crunchbase pages of the firms or news stories from notable news websites such as PR Newswire to retrieve information which was not listed on the company website. An example of such information is a firm's asset or capital under management. We have provided all the requested details for each of the firms in our report above.