DTC Auto Aftermarket Companies
Many emerging trends have been observed in the advertising of automotive aftermarket parts. Some of them have been detailed below.
- E-commerce retail (aka e-tail) is an emerging trend in the automotive aftermarket industry.
- The online sale of automotive parts is soaring at its highest with over $10 billion in sales in 2018, which was a 16.3% increase as compared to 2017.
- Digitization is the key driving force behind the emergence of the e-tail trend.
- This trend is global and has also been observed in the US, where e-commerce sales of aftermarket parts have outgrown sales at traditional brick and mortar stores. The added opportunity for customers to research and compare parts before buying them is what attracts them to online stores.
2. Trade Shows
- Trade shows have been a great platform for customers and companies alike to take advantage of the opportunity that arises from the assembling of numerous companies under one roof.
- The automotive aftermarket industry week and automotive aftermarket products expo are great examples. Both have seen strong participation from companies from the US as well as from other parts of the world.
- Participants in these trade shows include top managers, workshop operators, custom car designers, and other car enthusiasts meet up to take advantage of the platform and delve into the latest market trends.
3. Social Media
- Large companies have been quick in adapting to social media for communicating with their customers as well as suppliers. Small- to mid-sized enterprises (SMEs), on the other hand, have not been swift in adopting the social media revolution.
- 21% of large companies have integrated social media into their outreach strategy.
- Large companies have also been quicker than SMEs in terms of other forms of digitization, e.g. electronic invoicing, which has been integrated by 18% of large enterprises.
- Facebook and Instagram are the leading platforms in the automotive aftermarket advertising space.
- Mobile compatibility is one of the most important aspects of digitizing a business these days and the same goes for automotive aftermarket companies.
- The advent of smartphones has also made digitization a necessity rather than a luxury for companies.
- Going mobile-accessible allows companies to leverage a pool of users that is otherwise not available through other platforms.
In order to provide insights into the automotive aftermarket advertising space, we have focused on identifying emerging trends and statistics that show how companies are approaching their advertising strategy these days. We have focused on all types and sizes of organizations in the automotive aftermarket industry, including SMEs and large enterprises. We have given our research a global focus with a specific focus on the US market and provided insights that cover differing aspects of advertising in this industry.