Drone Companies in Europe, Part 1
Five of the top drone companies in Europe are Parrot, Delair, SenseFly, Aerialtronics, and Flyability. The required information about the companies is provided in the attached spreadsheet.
- A website link to Parrot is provided herein.
- Its headquarters is located at 174 Quai de Jemmapes, 75010 Paris, France.
- Parrot was founded in 1994 by Henri Seydoux. The company has an estimated 585 employees.
- Its 2018 revenue was €109.24 million. The company has 13 different drones and seven mini-drone types.
- Parrot drones are used in the film industry and taking photographs. The company claims that its drones provide the "best aerial videos and photos."
- The company also claims to be "positioned across the entire value chain, from equipment to services and software."
- Parrot comes third on the UAV Coach and Geospatial World top global drone companies.
- A website link to Delair is provided herein.
- Its headquarters is located in Toulouse-Labège, Midi-Pyrénées, France.
- Delair was founded in 2011 by a group of experts in the aerospace industry. The company has an estimated 180 employees.
- Its 2018 revenue was $9.8 million. The company offers two different drone categories, namely Delair UX11 Line and DT26 Line.
- The Delair UX11 Line consists of the Delair UX11 and UX11Ag, while the DT26 Line consists of the DT26X LiDAR, 26 Open Payload, 26M, and the 26XSurveillance. The drones are used in industries such as mines & aggregates, infrastructure and utilities, oil and gas, security and defense, and survey and mapping.
- Delair drones are an ideal tool for aerial and fast data acquisition. Its drone also provides "quality, accurate RGB, LiDAR, or multi-spectral data, and are used night and day surveillance of infrastructures or sensitive areas."
- Delair comes first on Drone Life's list of top 5 European drone companies and 8th on UAV Coach's top global drone manufacturing companies.
- A website link to SenseFly is provided herein.
- Its headquarters is located at 1033 Cheseaux-sur-Lausanne, Switzerland.
- SenseFly was founded in 2009 by a team of robotics researchers.
- The company suggests that it has made over $100 million in revenue since its inception. SenseFly offers four different drone types, namely eBee X, Classic, Plus, and SQ.
- Its drones are the most widely-used aerial mapping tools around the globe.
- SenseFly drones are employed in the "collection and analysis of geospatial data, allowing professionals in surveying, agriculture, engineering, and humanitarian aid to make better decisions, faster."
- SenseFly comes fourth on Drone Life's list of top 5 European drone companies and 10th on UAV Coach's top global drone manufacturing companies.
- A website link to Aerialtronics is provided herein.
- Its headquarters is located at Wassenaarseweg 75 - 1e Mientlaan, 2223 LA, Katwijk, Netherlands.
- Aerialtronics was founded in 2011. It has about 35 employees.
- The company has an estimated $70.40 million in revenue. Aerialtronics drone is known as the Altura Zenith.
- The company's drones are the world’s most versatile commercial drones.
- Aerialtronics drones are employed for surveillance in various industries, namely powerline, telecom, and wind turbine inspection, search and rescue, oil & gas, surveying, and safety and security.
- Aerialtronics comes third on My Drone Authority’s list of top global drone companies and 11th on UAV Coach’s top global drone manufacturing companies.
- A website link to Flyability is provided herein.
- Its headquarters is located at Route du Lac 3, 1094 Paudex, Switzerland.
- Flyability was founded in 2014. It employs over 40 people.
- The company has an estimated $4 million in revenue. Flyability has two drone models, namely Elios and Elios 2.
- The company’s drones are used for indoor operations, in complex and confine spaces, and in contact with people.
- Flyability drones are employed for surveillance in various industries, namely “power generation, oil & gas, chemicals, maritime, infrastructures & utilities, and public safety.”
- Flyability makes the list of top 100 drone companies by My Drone Authority and is also the 13th on UAV Coach’s top global drone manufacturing companies.
To identify some of the top drone companies in Europe, we scoured through the public domain for a pre-compiled list of top drone companies around the globe. This strategy yielded positive results as we identified a pool source that provided a list of top drone companies around the globe. These sources include UAV Coach, Drone Life, My Drone Authority, and Geospatial World. Furthermore, we analyzed the companies contained in our list of sources in order to identify those with European descent. To ensure that we selected companies that are actual top players, we selected the companies with a substantial ranking in at least two of the identified sources.