Large Renewable Energy Companies
Vestas, Berkkshire Hathaway, XCel, Siemens, Green Plain, and Canadian Solar are large companies that are considered top renewable energy producers when using the metric of annual revenue.
- Complete information is organized in a spreadsheet for convenience. Key points are added to the brief.
- Vestas designs, manufactures, installs, and services wind turbines across the globe, with 97 GW of wind turbines in 79 countries. They are headquartered in Denmark.
- They have 24,486 employees.
- Berkshire Hathaway is located in Des Moines, Iowa. They invest in solar, wind, geothermal and hydro projects.
- They have 23,000 employees.
- Excel generates electricity through coal, nuclear, natural gas, hydroelectric, solar, biomass, oil, refuse and wind energy sources. A part of their company also purchases and distributes natural gas. They invest extensively in solar, wind, geothermal, and hydro.
- They have 11,043 employees.
- The company specializes in wind farms in the areas of manufacturing, engineering, design, production, and sales of wind turbines and wind farms.
- They have 23,034 employees.
- Green Plains is a producer of ethanol, which is a high octane bio-fuel made from crops. They are working to create green jobs in rural communities.
- They have 1,194 employees.
- Canadian Solar specializes in solar power. They are in 18 countries on 6 continents. They manufacture solar PV modules and provide solar energy solutions.
- They have 12,129 employees.
To obtain the top large renewable energy companies we located several lists that named the top companies. We combined those lists and then analyzed each one for employee count and annual revenue. We used annual revenue as a metric to name our top list. The lists have been included as sources in this research document, as they might be of additional interest. The spreadsheet lists more than the top 6 companies, as we thought they might be of interest.