After thorough research, we could not find publicly available data about the top landscaping products sold in the United States. We have, however, provided some helpful findings, including an outlook of the landscaping products industry and sales in the US.
LANDSCAPING PRODUCTS INDUSTRY IN THE US
- The landscaping product and services industry in the US has a revenue of $99 billion.
- The landscaping product's industry SWOT analysis, trends, a five-year forecast of the market, detailed research and segmentation for the main landscaping products in the US, and other information can be accessed through this paywalled report provided by IBIS World.
LANDSCAPING PRODUCTS DEMAND AND SALES IN THE US
- The demand for landscaping products in the US is expanding at a rate of 4.3% per year.
- The landscaping products sales revenue in the US is expected to reach $9.0 billion in 2021.
- A number of factors are responsible for the increase in demand of landscaping products in the US. These factors include popularity of patios and outdoor kitchens, continued interest in home improvement shows, the introduction and increased availability of new products such as porcelain pavers, among others.
- A report provided by FreeDonia covers the deep analysis of the landscaping products in the United States including analysis of landscaping products market in the US by product (decorative, hardscape, outdoor structures, among others) such as pavers, poured, blocks, wood, stones, boulders, clay brick, and aggregates.
- Additionally, the report also provide the analysis of landscaping product market historical data for 2006, 2011, and 2016 as well as forecasts to 2021. The report can be accessed here.
LANDSCAPING PRODUCTS SALES IN THE US
- According to another paywalled report provided by FreeDonia on Landscaping products sales in the US, the sales of landscaping products in the US fluctuate based on consumer spending activity and general style preferences.
- The sales volumes are generally dependent on construction trends, particularly new housing construction and existing home sales.
- A continued growth in sales has been observed in the sales of landscaping products that incorporate style elements prevalent inside the home such as decorative pottery, tiles, and pavers due to continued interests of homeowners in home improvement television shows, magazines, and websites.
- Furthermore, the sales of landscaping products, including decoratives and/or edible are expected to boost due to the rising interest in gardening in the US.
- Additionally, concern for improved water management is driving installation of permeable pavers products in the US.
- Landscaping products including, planters, hardscaping, and pergolas are also observing increased sales.
- The detailed analysis of the landscaping products sold in the United States and their market forecast can be found in this report.
We commenced our research by first conducting a direct search for pre-compiled lists of top landscaping products sold in the US. We were hoping to opt for the top seven products in the US from those lists. Despite searching through several sources targeting landscaping products, including Lawn and Landscape. Majority of the sources focused on landscaping services rather than landscaping products or similar. We were unable to gather any pre-compiled list of top landscaping products sold in the US.
We also tried finding relevant insights regarding landscaping product's(such as mulch, lighting, plants, and others) sales estimate till date in the US so that we could sort out those having the highest volume sold. We searched through several research databases such as Research Gate, Research Guides, Pew Research, IBIS World, and Deloitte. Majority of the sources contained non-relevant information most likely due to the unavailability of such data as no previous researches or case studies seem to have been conducted on this topic. However, through this research, we were able to gather a paywalled industry report from IBIS World, which seem to contain relevant information regarding the landscaping products in the US. We have listed the report as helpful finding.
We then expanded our focus to include the statistics of the landscaping market in the US in a hope to get any related statistic or number from we could triangulate the top sold landscaping products in the US. We searched through news journals, magazine articles such as US News, the Economist, among others. We also consulted private companies databases such as Statista, Forbes, Business Wire, PR News Wire, Free Donia Group, and Investopedia. Majority of the databases provided statistics relating to the landscaping services, trends in the US landscaping market, among others, which were not focusing on landscaping products and were not pertinent to the client's request. Although we were able to gather several reports by Free Donia Group containing the exact data regarding top landscaping products sold in the US but all the found reports were having their content hidden behind a paywall. We have listed the paywalled reports as helpful finding.
From this point, we realized that the information regarding the top landscaping products sold in the US or insights needed for triangulation are not available publicly anywhere-news journals, magazine articles, private companies databases, and others -most likely because all the relevant ideas and data required are hidden behind paywalls. As a last resort, we attempted to look for the largest companies in the landscaping market in the US. We were then hoping to look for each company to see their most selling products so that we could add the volumes of all most selling products to triangulate those five to seven products having the highest sales volume. Through this research, we were able to determine the largest companies in the landscaping market in the US by revenue, including BrightView, TruGreen Cos, the Davey Tree Expert Company, and others. We then looked for the annual reports, press releases, investor reports of the companies. Unfortunately, majority of the companies have not publicized their annual reports or any breakdown of their landscape products sales. Hence, none of the searches yielded any further result.