Direct Communications Competitors, Part 1
We have identified CTC Telecom as a competitor of Direct Communications in Idaho. Both of the companies provide internet, phone, and TV services. While Direct Communications provides internet services with speed up to 250 Mbps, CTC Telecom provides internet speed up to 1 GB. More information on the topic has been presented in the attached spreadsheet.
- Direct Communications provides internet services ranging from 50 Mbps to 250 Mbps. However, CTC Telecom provides internet services ranging from 20 Mbps to 1 GB.
- Some companies in Idaho that are the customers of Direct Communications include J&J Autobody and Nouveau Medspa and Salon. Similarly, some companies in Idaho that are the customers of CTC Telecom include Boise Family Dental Care and Maz-Tech Automotive.
- The areas of Idaho where Direct Communications currently serves are Aberdeen, American Falls, Arbon, Arimo, Bancroft, Basalt, Bern, Blackfoot, Bloomington, Burley, Clifton, Dayton, Declo, Dingle, Downey, Dubois, Firth, Fish Haven, Franklin, Geneva, Georgetown, Grace, Hamer, Holbrook, Idaho Falls, Inkom, Irwin, Lava Hot Springs, Mccammon, Menan, Monteview, Montpelier, Paris, Pingree, Pocatello, Preston, Rexburg, Rigby, Roberts, Rockland, Saint Charles, Shelley, Soda Springs, Spencer, Springfield, Swanlake, Terreton, Thatcher, Ucon, and Weston.
- The cities in Idaho that CTC Telecom is targeting, or the cities where the company currently serves are Boise, Meridian, Star, Kuna, Cambridge, Council, Cuprum, Bear, Indian Valley, and Lowman.
- More details into the competitive landscape can be accessed in the attached spreadsheet.
your research team applied the following research strategies:
We started the research by searching for the competitor of Direct Communications in Idaho. We conducted a search for a company with services similar to Direct Communications. We were able to find a number of telecommunication companies by using this strategy. Thereafter, we narrowed the search down to the companies that operate in Idaho. Finally, we filtered the companies with respect to their services and availability of information. In this way, we identified CTC Telecom as a competitor of Direct Communications.
Most of the information required for this research was compiled from the official websites of CTC Telecom and Direct Communications. However, there was very limited information on the target demographics of the companies on their websites. Therefore, we searched for their respective social media websites and extracted the required information. We have also added some major posts of Direct Communications in a Google Doc for easier accessibility. In this way, we were able to find the demographic information of the customers of the companies. The pricing details of the business packages of the companies have also not been publicly listed on their website. Instead, they have arranged a form for businesses on their respective websites through which the businesses can contact the company and explain their needs. The pricing details are then provided to the businesses. The operating areas of Direct Communications were not publicly available on their official website. The website requires a user to input the zip code of an area to check if their services are available there. They don''t list their operating areas. Therefore, we used another source that might not be as credible as the official website.
Similarly, the information regarding the operating areas of CTC Telecom has also been added as a map-screenshot in the attached Google Doc. During the research, we came across all the latest social media posts, press releases, and blog articles of the companies. Therefore, we were able to determine that the companies have not planned any kind of expansion in Idaho. We could conclude that because there were no posts pertaining to their respective expansions. Hence, we were able to present all the information required for this research.