Digital Signage Pricing
After a thorough and exhaustive observation of the pricing plans of several well-known digital signage content providers across the globe, our research team was able to provide a high-level overview of the pricing landscape of digital signage content providers.
Overview analysis of pricing landscape
- Most of the well-known digital signage content providers offer quantity-based pricing. That is to say that the prices are set per month per screen.
- Some players such as Yodeck offer flexible pricing. That is to say that beyond a certain number of screens, they are ready to negotiate the price.
- The cap on the number of screens beyond which digital signage content providers offer bulk pricing varies from provider to provider. For example, Yodeck offers bulk pricing beyond 60 screens while NoviSign offers bulk pricing beyond 100+ screens.
- ScreenCloud offers discounted pricing for 20+ screens and schools, universities, non-profits and places of worship by providing a 25% discount for life.
- The starting price usually ranges from $6-25 per month per screen depending upon the provider.
- Some providers such as Presentation Point offer fixed pricing as well. They offer their solutions at $339.
- While some players such as NoviSign, Zeetaminds offer one-month free trial.
- Navori bills their cloud version annually.
Starting price based on the providers
- Screenfeed: $6/month/screen
- Yodeck: $7.99/month/screen
- Zeetaminds: $10/month/screen
- OnSign.TV: $14.99/month/screen
- Viewneo: $18/month/screen
- Navori: $20/month/screen
- NoviSign: $20/month/screen
- ScreenCloud: $20/month/screen
- UpShow: $25/month/screen
- Presentation Point: $339 (fixed)
country of operation of the providers
Pricing for businesses or enterprises
- Yodeck offers different pricing structure for businesses or enterprises which is at $12 .99 per month for each screen and provides features such as granular access control with workspaces, custom user roles, Single Sign-on (SAML), login IP & password restrictions
- Novisign offers enterprise plans at $20 per month for each screen. The features include:
- Fully Hosted
- Online Studio
- 10 File Conversions
- 100MB File Size
- 500MB Storage
- Ad Free
- Performance Reports
- Social Widgets
- Viewneo's enterprise plan is for large companies and franchises at $240 per month, plus $15 monthly per screen. The additional features apart from those present in the lower version include:
- Multi-client capability
- White Label CMS (optional)
- API key (optional)
- Content + Playlist Sharing
- 2 TB Free Space
- Direct Email Support
- Phone support (optional)
- Personal support (optional)
cost components of digital signage content solutions
- From a buyer's perspective, the two major components of cost of ownership of digital signage content solutions include the acquisition costs and the operational expenses.
- The acquisition costs include the price of the signage set, processing system, software licensing fees, and installation while the operational expenses include content management fees, energy costs, field servicing, maintenance and repairs, replacement parts, and warranty expenditures.
Your research team applied the following strategy
We commenced our research by scouring online publications of digital signage associations such as the Digital Signage Federation, Digital Signage Association (DSA). However, this research strategy proved futile because it did not yield the requested information on the pricing landscape of digital signage content providers.
As an alternative research strategy, we dug deeper and referred to G2 Crowd which is a business solutions review platform with the hope to find the starting price of well-known digital signage content providers. Nevertheless, this strategy was not fruitful as it covered information of those digital signage content providers who had not made their pricing information available on their website. Therefore, G2 Crowd could not source such pricing related information.
Finally, we decided to broaden our search from G2 Crowd to Capterra where we were successful in locating a list of "most popular" digital signage content providers. Capterra had designed a market score based on which the popularity was decided. We ventured into checking for the starting price information on Capterra for these companies. In addition to this, we also checked the company website for other information on aspects such as features, other pricing plans, etc.
Please note that since many US-based digital signage content providers did not reveal their pricing information on their website rather directed to fill in a contact form or call them for further information, we decided to broaden our research criteria from only US-based focus to global focus. Our research team maintained due diligence by ensuring that such companies who are based outside of the US should have international clients. We did this by individually checking for their clients if mentioned on their website, customer testimonials, and reviews mentioned on Capterra.