Denmark Business Statistics
The total number of enterprises in Denmark in 2017 is approximately 296,500.
- In 2017, according to SBA fact sheet, the non-financial business economy in Denmark had 208,835 employees.
- In 2017, the non-financial business economy for micro-businesses in Denmark had 185,324employees.
- In the non-financial business economy in Denmark, the total number of enterprises in 2016, as presented by Statista, was segmented by size of employment.
- The total number of enterprises in Denmark in 2017 was approximately 296,500. This figure was the total quantity of workplaces segmented by industry (DB07 10-grouping). The approximated quantity was presented below.
- Agriculture, forestry, and fishing: 25,000
- Manufacturing, mining and quarrying, and utility services: 18,000
- Construction: 29,500
- Trade and transport: 75,000
- Information and communication: 16,000
- Financial and insurance: 6,000
- Real estate: 17,000
- Other business services: 48,000
- Public administration, education and health: 38,000
- Arts, entertainment and recreation activities: 24,000
To get the total number of enterprises in Denmark in 2017, we began by scouring through reputable global data organizations that provide data for specific countries in a bid to find the required data but we could not find any relevant figures. GlobalEDGE had Denmark's trade statistics, OECD data was for the number of employees without specification of any industry sector, and the data from Trading Economics was for the total registered businesses in 2007. European Commission SBA fact sheet 2018 data had the total number of enterprises, employees, and revenue, but it was only for non-financial business economy. Eurostat had a database where we could possibly perform a triangulation but the descriptive symbols were not properly explained, hence we could not make use of the data. Hence, no useful and recent information was derived from these sources.
We also tried looking for regional data in a bid to find the required information. Statistics Denmark provided the total number of business enterprises in Denmark in 2017 but it was not segmented by the number of employees, revenue, or the year they started. To get the relevant data, we first get the approximated quantity from the graph provided by Statistics Denmark which was segmented by industry (DB07 10-grouping) and added them.
For the breakdown of the total number in terms of businesses that are sole traders (i.e. no employees), businesses with less than 10 employees, and businesses with less than 250 employees, the latest available data was for 2016 as illustrated by Statista, and this data was for non-financial business economy. However, we were still not able to find data pertaining to the number of businesses that have less than 50 million EUR in annual turnover (revenue) and the number of businesses which have started recently, even after performing these approaches in checking different credible sources.
In the absence of the required information, we pulled together all other relevant insights and helpful findings related to the requested information and presented them above.