US Diaper Pail Key Players
Five key players in the US diaper pail market include Pearhead's Ubbi, Edgewell's Playtex Diaper Genie, Munchkin, Regal Lager's Diaper Dekor, and Baby Trend's Diaper Champ.
- Headquartered in Brooklyn, New York, Pearhead is the parent company of Ubbi.
- Launched in 2011, Ubbi diaper pail is made of powder-coated steel.
- Ken Berlin is the co-founder of Pearhead.
- His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Edgewell's Playtex Diaper Genie
- Headquartered in Shelton, Connecticut, Edgewell is a leading consumer product company.
- Edgewell acquired Playtex in 2007.
- The company claims that "Playtex Diaper Genie brand of diaper disposal systems leads the U.S. diaper pail category."
- The diaper disposal system includes a diaper pail unit and refill-liners.
- Rod Little is the CEO of Edgewell.
- His email address is email@example.com.
- Founded in 1991, Munchkin is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
- The company has around 225 patents to date.
- Its diapering products include diaper pails and refills.
- Steven Dunn is the CEO of Munchkin.
- His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regal Lager's Diaper Dekor
- Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Regal Lager is the exclusive distributor of Diaper Dekor products in the United States and Canada.
- Dekor's products include diaper pails and diaper pail refills.
- Bengt Lager is the President of Regal Lager.
- His email address is email@example.com.
Baby Trend's Diaper Champ
- Headquartered in Fontana, California, Baby Trend is one of the leading diaper pail manufacturers in North America.
- Baby Trend was founded in 1988.
- The company was acquired by the Alpha Group in 2016.
We tried to find a preexisting list of players in the US diaper pail market in paywalled reports. We found three US-based players in one such report. These three companies are Pearhead's Ubbi, Edgewell's Playtex Diaper Genie, and Munchkin. We also tried to find other pre-populated lists of best diaper pails on magazines such as Little One Magazine. We located one such list called "the 10 Best Diaper Pails to Buy 2019" on the above-mentioned magazine. The names on the list were ranked based on the rating given by the magazine editor. The rating became the basis of determining the companies are key players in the market. The first three diaper pail companies that we identified were also rated in the top three ranks. Pearhead's Ubbi was rated 5.5 out of 6. Edgewell's Playtex Diaper Genie, Munchkin, and Diaper Dekor were rated 5.0 out of 6 while Baby Trend was rated 4.0 out of 6. We leveraged annual reports of the parent company, LinkedIn and the company website for the purpose of finding the HQ, and a brief overview of the company. We could not find the C-suite level contact information for Baby Trend. Our research team tried to search for this information on LinkedIn but it was in vain as most of the profiles of the people of the company were third-degree connections and their names were only visible as "LinkedIn Member." We also scoured the company's website for the information on the leadership positions but this research approach was futile as the website did not provide any such info. Lastly, we tried to get creative by finding interviews of CXOs of the company with the hopes of finding their name. However, this research strategy was also not successful as there we no such interviews published.