Device Pilot CL 3
Google Cloud IoT, Microsoft Azure, and SAP are all competitors of Device Pilot. In depth information on these three companies is presented in a spreadsheet format.
Google Cloud IoT
- Google Cloud IoT is a complete set of tools to connect, process, store, and analyze data both at the edge and in the cloud. The platform consists of scalable, fully-managed cloud services; an integrated software stack for edge/on-premises computing with machine learning capabilities for all your IoT needs."
- Google Cloud Platform is a sub-organization of Google that was founding July 1, 2012, in San Francisco. It is a private, for-profit company.
- They acquired Bitium in 2017.
- They invested in L2P Limited in 2019.
- Dianne Greene, the original CEO was replaced in 2018 by Sundar Pichai, the former president of Oracle.
- Google Cloud IoT is a scalable platform that allows users to connect, process, store, and analyze data at the edge and in the cloud. They offer predictive maintenance, real-time asset tracking, and logistics.
- "Device data captured by Cloud IoT Core gets published to Cloud Pub/Sub for downstream analytics. Easily do ad hoc analysis using Google BigQuery or run advanced analytics and apply machine learning with Cloud Machine Learning Engine. Plus, you can visualize results with rich reports and dashboards in Google Data Studio."
- Their big data product line consists of BigQuery (serverless data warehouse), Cloud DataFlow (batch and stream processing), Cloud Dataproc (managed apache spark and apache hadoop), Cloud Pub/Sub (scalable event ingestion & messaging), Cloud Data Fusion (code free data integration service), Cloud Composer (workflow orchestration), Data Catalog (data discovery), Data Studio (visual analytics), Cloud Dataprep (data preparation), Cloud Data Transfer, Cloud Bigtable (NoSQL database service), Cloud Storage, and Cloud Datalab (interactive data exploration).
- Pricing: Prices are not listed. There are no up front costs, pay as you go, and no termination fees. They offer several discounts.
- They cost 21% less than AWS.
- Reduced risk with world-class security, free up developers, cost saving at scale, fast & efficient CI/CD pipeline.
- Executive Team- Thomas Kurian- CEO, Dennis DeMeyere- CTO, Ossama Alami- Head of Developer Programs, Diane Greene- Head of Enterprise, Christian Hees- Customer Engineer, Gorap Ashok- Product Manager, Rahul Asave- Product Manager
- Azure offers a large set of cloud computing services that enable the user to build, manage, and deploy applications using your preferred tools and frameworks. Azure Stream Analytics provides real time analytics and uses SQL.
- Azure is located in Redmond, Washington. They are a private company.
- Azure is a sub-organization of Microsoft. There is very little background information given on their website.
- Azure Stream Analytics one of their main analytics offerings. It is a real-time analytics service that uses SQL. Their analytic offerings include SQL Data Warehouse, HDInsight, Machine Learning, Azure Data Lake Storage, Event Hubs, Databricks, Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure and Analysis Services.
- It is scalable, and can analyze millions of events at subsecond latencies, with a hybrid architecture that can run the same queries on the edge and the cloud and has machine learning.
- Pricing: There are three categories of pricing. A standard streaming unit (units are required to process data) is $0.11/hour. Each device is $1/month. Azure support starts at $29/month.
- Azure Analysis Services is their analytics engine. It is scalable and enables you to visualize your data collected from multiple sources. DirectQuery provides real time operational data. More features: role-based security,
- Pricing is similar to Stream Analytics and ranges from $0132 to $8.11 per hour.
- Azure guaranteed 99.9% availability of Stream Analytics. It will either be processing data or ready to process data 99.99% of the time. Credits are provided if it is not 99.99%.
- Steaming pipelines can be built in minutes. Complex analytics can be ran with no need to learn new processing frameworks.
- Executive Team: "Jason Zander- EVP, Graham Hayes- Principal Engineer, Adam Stephensen- Technical Specialist, Jeremy Rickard- Senior Software Engineer
- SAP provides enterprise application software. They focus on machine learning, IoT, and advanced analytics. They offer business analytic, cloud analytics, business intelligence, enterprise planning, and predictive analytics.
- SAP was founded in 1972 by Claus Wellenreuther, Dietmar Hopp, Hans-Werner Hector, Hasso Plattner, and Klaus Tschira. They are an IPO with over 10,00o employees.
- They have 44 acquisitions. Their most recent acquisition was Contector on 11/19/2018.
- They have made 23 investments. Their latest investment was 10 million pounds in the company Ruum.
- They have 7,122 registered patents.
- They will spend $339.3 million this year on IT.
- They have over 437,000 customers.
- SAP is a provider of software solutions across multiple platforms and applications.
- Their cloud offerings consist of cloud application services, cloud peering, customer experience services, digital interconnect, HANA Enterprise Cloud, and the Learning Hub.
- Services offered: application management services, managed data services, managed security services, and managed testing services. The management services will run on any platform and provides real time insights.
- Sap Analytics Cloud is their analytics dashboard offering. Within the product they offer integrated analytics as a service, data visualization, predictive analytics, and machine learning. Insights can be gathered with natural language queries that can automatically analyze data and predict future events.
- Pricing: Business intelligence is $22/user/month. Planning (the full suite) starts at $145/user/month. They offer a free trial.
- They have had two funding rounds totaling $1.3 billion. Their latest round was 4/24/2019.
- SAP Cloud Application Services run cost effectively on any platform, drive continuous innovation, test and deploy quickly, improved security, and minimal risk.
- They have the most advanced cloud based analytics solution on the market. "
- Executive Team: Bill McDermott- CEO, Max Wessel- CIO, Jennifer Morgan- President, Alexa Gorman- Global VP, Reinhard Schwarz- Business Area Head Platform Solutions