Market Size - Developer Marketing Agencies
73% of developers prefer to have their own media campaigns, and only 27% prefer to use a specialist media planning agency. Additionally, it was found that B2D marketing is a rare breed in the given market, and only few businesses are in the sector. The small amount of businesses and their decision to not leak their success and failure rates to competitors is the reason why we could not find information regarding the global market size and projected growth of marketing agencies who market to developers.
- The estimated global market size of marketing directly from app developers is $7.781 billion.
- Hoppy is a developer marketing company based in England, and the company offers marketing activities for developers, which include developer relations, developer experience, and developer marketing.
- Developer Media is an advertisement company based in Canada, and the company focuses on web development, software development, and developer marketing.
- According to the estimated yearly revenue listed by Agency Spotter, none of the developer marketing agency/agencies were found among the 50 largest marketing companies in the world.
- According to The Manifest, some tips to market an app on a modes budget includes marketing via social media, a viral video of the app, blogs, and press releases.
- It does not mention anything about hiring another agency for marketing.
- A report revealed that B2D marketing is a special and rare breed in the market, and a few businesses are benefiting from the marketing sector.
- Most developers said they were happier with a “do it yourself” approach to their app marketing.
- Additionally, 73% preferred to purchase and book their own media for campaigns rather than hand it over to a specialist media planning agency.
- This means that 27% were those who preferred hiring a specialist media planning agency.
We could not find information about the global market size and projected growth of marketing agencies who market to developers. This might be because only a few developers provide such services and that these developers do not want to leak their success or failure rate to competitors.
To identify the global market size and projected growth for marketing agencies who market to developers/developer marketing agency in 2018 or 2019, we looked through credible market reports such as IBIS, Markets and Markets, PRNewswire, and others to identify any paid or freely available report on this market/industry. However, we could not find direct information related to the developer marketing agency market. Instead, the information we found was about the overall marketing agency and the advertising industry. We were also able to find a paid survey report from the Evans data corporation which shared insights on the 2019 developer marketing. The report revealed information concerning software developers’ attitudes regarding the marketing tools and programs used to promote and sell products to developers. However, the report had limited information related to market size and projected growth.
We then searched through various media publications and company database such as Crunchbase, D&B Hoovers, Zoominfo, Worldatlas, and Agency Spotter. We were looking for global leading developer marketing agencies through revenue so that we may estimate the global market size and the projected growth for marketing agencies who market to developers. Through this search, we found that the majority of the developer marketing agency/marketing agencies, who market to developers globally are private players, and they did not release their financial information to the public. Because of this information, we decided to look for third-party data for any possible information that we could use to provide any data about the topic. We looked into Good Firms, Business of Apps, The Manifest, Combo app, and Crazy About Startups because these sources usually have data on app developers and marketing budget. During the search, we were able to triangulate the global market size of marketing from app developers. We found that it was a very small part of the market. However, no other information was found that could have been used to explain the given topic further.
We then decided to expand the scope of the search to identify any information on the service charges/revenue/cost/tariff price these marketing agencies are charging for various marketing activities that are directed toward developers to support in the estimation of the market size. We looked into companies like PreApps, Big Drop Inc, Voxturr, Icecube Digital, and others. These were reliable sources because they were often mentioned in multiple sources as some of the best apps for marketing agencies. Unfortunately, a common set of marketing activities could not be traced, because the companies did not disclose any financial information on their charges to provide alternate data which we could have used. The information we found only talked about their products and how they are used.
In conclusion, information concerning the global market size and projected growth for the marketing agencies who market to developers or marketing activities directed towards developers could not be retrieved in the public domain. This could be as a result of a lack of publication of such information on public data.
The Manifest discussed that many global app developers and marketers use about 31% of their app development budget for marketing. Additionally, Combo App mentioned that the global app development spent at least $25.1 billion in 2018, with figures projected to reach $30 billion in 2019. Hence, to find the global market size of marketing from app developers, we take 31% of $25.1 billion.
So 0.31 (31%) multiplied by $25.1 billion is $7.781 billion. $7.781 billion is the global market size of marketing directly from app developers.