Detailed Analysis - Nomadic Matt
Nomadic Matt is a private company with an estimated annual revenue of $600,000 from e-books, affiliates, and travel media school. The company's website generates over 1 million visitors per month with 100% organic traffic. Below is details of the company's revenue and content as well as a research strategy.
- Nomadic Matt is a private travel company with an estimated $600,000 annual revenue.
- According to the company website, Nomadic Matt generates revenue through travel and blogging kits, book deals, and event deals.
- The main income streams for the company are e-books, affiliates, and travel media school.
- E-books generate 15% of revenue, affiliates generate 40% of revenue, and travel media school generates 45% of revenue.
CONTENT AND SEO STRATEGY
- Nomadic Matt generates over 1 million website visitors per month with 1.53 million visitors in the last 30 days.
- The average page views per visit is 1.71.
- 38.7% of the website's traffic is from the United States with 75% of traffic coming from search engines. Additional traffic is generated through social media, mainly Facebook, and e-mail.
- 100% of the companies traffic is organic.
- The content types on the website include travel and tourism, news and media, air travel, and accommodations and hotels.
- The website has 19 pages of general content and 66 pages of blog posts with 12 posts per page.
- The most commonly visited competitor websites by Nomadic Matt visitors include lonelyplanet.com, hostelworld.com, thebrokebackpacker.com, theculturetrip.com, and expertvagabond.com.
- The company publishes a new blog post every Monday and Thursday.
- Because the company offers paid training on blogging and SEO tips, they do not publicly provide any additional data on their SEO strategy. Founder Matt Kepnes stated that he outsources "designers, SEO auditors, conferences, video and audio editors, copy editors, and much more."
In order to determine the company revenue and revenue streams, we began our research by scouring the company website for annual reports, 10-K filings, or any other revenue data. Unfortunately, we were unable to find any information published by the company regarding revenue. We then scoured company profiles on sites like Crunchbase, Pitchbook, Hoovers, and Zoom Info. Through this search, we confirmed that the company is, in fact, private and, therefore, is not legally obligated to provide revenue data to the public. Finally, we soured industry reports and news publications on sites like Forbes and the Financial Times. The goal was to find any additional data regarding the company revenue or revenue streams. Through this search, we were able to find the company's main revenue streams, however, we were unable to determine any additional details regarding estimated revenue. In order to provide an estimate, we used the estimated monthly revenue from Two Monkeys Travel Group and multiplied it by 12 (50,000*12=$600,000).