After exhaustive research, the research team could not identify the media consumption habits of dermatologists in the EU5 region, in terms of their most visited websites, where they search for information, how often they search for information online, statistics on their use of social media and how they use it. However, in the course of the research, the team found that the website of the British Association of Dermatologists (BAD) had 158,400,000 hits in the last six months.
- In April 2018, there were roughly 580 dermatology consultants in the United Kingdom, along with 255 specialists.
- Their professional association is the British Association of Dermatologists (BAD). Their website can be found here.
- In the last six months, there were 158,400,000 hits to the BAD website. 60.05% of those hits or 95,119,110 came from Britain.
- Globally, "Dermnetnz.org (DermNet New Zealand Trust) ranked number 1 with more than one million visits and 2.3 million page views" per month.
- The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) website was listed second. However, the AAD website exhibited the highest number of citing links (5,304) from other websites, suggesting authoritative content.
- The BAD website has a section for both the public and professionals. There is no breakdown available of the number of users of each section.
To identify the media consumption habits of dermatologists in the EU5 region, in terms of their most visited websites, where they search for information, how often they search for information online, statistics on their use of social media and how they use it, your research team commenced with a search through government and association website such as the British and European Dermatology Associations. We also searched through media publications available to the public domain. While we found numbers for the British site (158,400,000 hits in six months), there has not been enough traffic to the European site to be measured by the premier search site Similarweb. We hoped to find a list of the top dermatological sites around the world and their traffic data. While we found a list of top dermatological sites, they were sites from New Zealand and the U.S. but none was from the EU5 or the EU at large.