Denver Professional Sports Teams: Overview
The professional sports teams in Denver, Colorado are Colorado Rockies, Denver Broncos, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rapids, Colorado Mammoth, Denver Outlaws, Denver Nuggets, and Denver Barbarians. Information regarding the ownership of these teams has been provided below.
- Colorado Rockies is a Major League Baseball team.
- The owners of the club are Richard L. Monfort and Charles K. Monfort.
- Denver Broncos is a National Football League team.
- The team was owned by Pat Bowlen who died in June 2019.
- As it stands, the new controlling owner of the team is yet to be determined but the beneficiary will be one of Pat Bowlen's children.
- Denver Outlaws is a Major Leage Lacrosse team.
- The owner of Denver outlaws was Pat Bowlen who died in June 2019. The new owner are yet to be determined.
- Denver Nuggets is a National Basketball Association team.
- The owner of the team is E. Stanley Kroenke.
- Denver Barbarians is a rugby union team.
While we found most of the information, we did not find any insights regarding the owner of Denver Barbarians. We first attempted to look through the team’s official website for any information about the ownership. However, the website did not provide any information regarding ownership. Instead, it focused on highlighting tournaments, events, and provided a brief history about the team without mentioning the owners.
We then looked at media platforms and sports websites, such as Rocky Mountain Rugby, Forbes, and The Denver Post. We hoped that these sources would give us insights from key stakeholders in the team regarding its ownership. However, these websites focused on highlighting the sports events that the team attended and the tournaments it played.
As a last resort, we looked through the social media pages of Denver Barbarians, such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. We searched through the team’s social media pages hoping that we could find references from various posts regarding team’s owner. However, the posts focused on the team’s players and tournaments. For these reasons, we concluded that information regarding the ownership of Denver Barbarians is not available in the public domain