Company Overview - Del Taco
Del Taco is the second leading Mexican QSR in the United States. The company was founded in 1964 as Casa Del Taco before changing its name to Del Taco in 1973.
- Del Taco was founded in 1964 by Ed Hackbarth and David Jameson in Yermo, California originally as Casa Del Taco. In 1972, Del Taco opened its largest store in Newport Beach, California.
- By 1977, the Del Taco expanded its locations to 50 restaurants and 100 restaurants and in the same year, sold their exclusive rights to use and expand the brand Del Taco throughout the United States, except for California, Eugene, Oregon, Yuma, and Arizona, where Del Taco already had offices.
- In 1978, its menu also grew to include items like ice cream sundaes, quesadilla, and bun taco.
- The company merged with Naugles restaurant chain in 1988 and the same year, began operating 24/7. The company launched several campaigns like a redesign of its logo, to improve its customer experience and grow the brand's image.
- Del Taco grew to 500 locations in 2008, and new items were introduced to the menu. To engage its customers, Del Taco launched the Del Taco Super Special Show.
- Del Taco currently has 7,544 employees and generated $471.19 million in revenue in FY2018.
Number of Locations
- Del Taco has 580 locations in 14 states in the United States.
- The company is headquartered in Lake Forest, California, United States.
- John D. Cappasola, Jr. is the president and CEO of Del Taco.
- Steven L. Brake is the executive vice president and chief financial officer
- Chad Gretzema is the chief operating officer
- Barry Westrum is the chief marketing officer of Del Taco.
- Camp + King is the AoR for Del Taco.
Del Taco's Hardest Working Hands Campaign
- The link to the marketing campaign can be found here.
- Del Taco launched an ad campaign highlighting the contribution of their dedicated staff to the restaurant and is focused on two employees giving their hands a well-deserved break. The campaign was available on TV, digital, social media and radio.