Since its founding in 2017, Datavant has acquired two companies: Universal Patient Key and Health Data Link. The company has also partnered with seven companies: Verge Genomics, G3, Duke Research Institute, Worldwide Clinical Trials, Parexel, Komodo Health, and Prognos Partners. Through the acquisitions and partnerships, Datavant will gain access to UPK's suite of software, G3's G3LOBAL database, Komodo's Integrity platform, and Prognos' Opal software.
- On April 30, 2018, Datavant announced the acquisition of Universal Patient Key for an undisclosed amount.
- UPK provides HIPAA-compliant de-identification services for healthcare data. The acquisition improved Datavant's position in providing healthcare organizations with the ability to safely link research and patient data. Datavant also gains access to UPK's suite of HIPPA-compliant de-identification software.
- On June 3, 2019, Datavant announced the acquisition of Health Data Link for an undisclosed amount.
- Health Data Link provides data linkage for academic medical centers and research institutes. The acquisition improves Datavant's position in the open health/academic data ecosystem.
- In January 2018, Datavant formed partnerships with and Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI), Verge Genomics, and Global Genomics Group (G3).
- DCRI became Datavant's academic partner with an initial focus on the cardiopulmonary area.
- The partnership with Verge will focus on new opportunities in trial design specifically in the areas of Parkinson’s and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Datavant is partnering with G3 to work on the company's G3LOBAL database with the goal of creating new trial enrollment models in addition to better endpoints and trial results.
- In May 2018, Datavant partnered with Worldwide Clinical Trials. The partnership will link WCT's clinical trial studies to Datavant's healthcare data with the goal of improving drug development in the areas of ALS, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Huntington’s.
- In September 2018, Datavant announced a partnership with Parexel International Corporation. The partnership aims to improve the processes of drug development and commercialization by allowing healthcare data to be linked from both real-world and clinical data studies.
- Datavant announced a partnership with Komodo Health in February 2019. The partnership will allow the companies to connect de-identified patient datasets using Komodo's Integrity platform.
- In June 2019, Datavant began a partnership with Prognos Partners. The partnership will combine Datavant's health data ecosystem with Prognos' AI-powered analytics software, Opal, to help health care providers easily access data and make informed clinical decisions.
In order to locate a full list of acquisitions and partnerships for Datavant, we first leveraged the press releases from the company's website. There we discovered press releases announcing the two acquisitions and the partnerships with Parexel, Komodo, and Prognos. We then utilized information and news links published on the company's Crunchbase profile. We were able to confirm the two acquisitions in addition to finding the partnership with Worldwide Clinical Trials. Finally, we performed a general press search and scoured news articles from 2017 through 2019. Here we were able to discover the additional partnerships with Verge, G3, and DCRI.