Data Center Stakeholders: New Construction, Part 1
AECOM, Holder Construction, Group LLC, DPR Construction, Gilbane, Balfour Beatty Plc, Whiting-Turner Contracting Company, Skanska USA, JE Dunn Construction, Mortenson Construction, Structure Tone are among the top data center construction and design companies. Details of the companies have been provided in the attached spreadsheet.
- AECOM is a leading architectural and engineering company focused on the design, building, financing and operation of infrastructure assets for businesses, organizations and governments. The company was founded in 1990 and is headquartered in Los Angeles, United States.
- AECOM is focused on data center infrastructure design. Its design and engineering services include architecture, mechanical and electrical engineering, civil and structural engineering, security and resilience. It's consulting, and planning services include site selection due diligence and permitting, environmental services. The company's data center construction services include project management, construction management, and cost consulting.
- For FY 2018, the company generated $20.156 billion in revenue.
Balfour Beatty Plc
- Balfour Beatty Plc is an infrastructure services company with capabilities in civil engineering, construction, mechanical and electrical engineering services. The company was founded in 1909 and is headquartered in London, United Kingdom.
- Balfour Beatty Plc provides infrastructure design and construction of data centers.
- In 2018, the company generated $8.86 billion in revenue.
Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
- Whiting-Turner Contracting Company is one of the largest construction management and contracting companies in the United States specializing in construction management, general contracting, design-build and integrated project delivery services. The company was founded in 1909 and is headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, United States.
- The company focuses on providing infrastructure design and construction services in the data center market.
- In 2018, the company generated $8.4 billion in revenue.
- Skanska USA is a construction and development company serving industries like healthcare, education, power, transportation, sports, data centers, government. The company was founded in 1971 and is headquartered in New York, United States.
- Skanska USA provides construction services for data centers.
- In 2018, the company generated $7.5 billion in revenue.
- DPR Construction is a commercial contractor and construction manager specializing in complex and technologically demanding projects. The company was founded in 1990 and is headquartered in Redwood City, California, United States.
- DPR Construction provides construction services in the data center market.
- The company had estimated revenue of $5.8 billion in 2018.
Gilbane Building Company
- Gilbane Building Company is a global integrated construction and facility management services firm and "one of the largest privately held family-owned construction and real estate development firms". The company was founded in 1873 and is headquartered in Rhode Island, United States.
- Gilbane offers data center building design and construction solutions.
- For FY 2018, Gilbane generated $5.8 billion in revenue.
- Mortenson Construction is a "family-owned construction company that provides planning, program management, general contracting, construction management, design-build, and turn-key development". The company was founded in 1954 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States.
- Mortenson Construction provides data center construction services, facility management, VDC + BIM, and infrastructure design services.
- For FY 2018, the company generated $4.6 billion in revenue.
- Structure Tone is a global leader in general contracting and construction management; the company was founded in 1971 and is headquartered in New York, United States.
- Structure Tone offers data center construction services.
- In 2018, the company generated revenue of $4.2 billion.
JE Dunn Construction
- J. E. Dunn Construction Group is a privately-owned construction company that provides general building contracting services. The company was founded in 1924 and is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, United States.
- In the data center market, JE Dunn Construction specializes in infrastructure design and construction.
- The company had revenue of $3.5 billion in 2018.
Holder Construction, Group LLC
- Holder Construction provides construction management and contracting services for data center construction and the building of corporate facilities. The company was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
- In the data center market, the company provides data center construction services.
- In 2018, the company had revenue of $3.2 billion.
The companies we profiled were chosen based on their status as market leaders in the data center construction and design market, and they were ranked based on their revenues. We compiled the companies from various industry reports on the data center construction market from industry report sources like Technavio and Transparency Market Research and compared each company's revenue to only include those with the highest revenue.