Data Center Stakeholders - MRO: Part One
There are many companies that maintain, repair, and provide support solutions or services to data centers. Among them are Huawei Technologies, IBM, Cannon Technologies and a number of others. These have been outlined in the attached spreadsheet.
- ABB provides cooling controls, power distribution, cables and connectors.
- Emerson Electric provides cooling control system and cables.
- Panduit offers data centers solutions for cooling, PDUs, and connectivity including cables.
- Ericsson provides server rack and digital solutions to data centers.
- Nokia Corporation provides server racks to data centers.
Based on reports published by Fortune Business Insights on the data center cooling market and the modular data center market, several companies were mentioned as key players. Among them were ABB Ltd, Emerson Electric, Panduit, and several others.
To arrive at these MRO companies, we reviewed their size including revenue and number of employees. We only included companies with reported revenues of $1 billion and over. For example, ABB's 2019 revenue was $27.9 billion and market capitalization was $35.5 billion. They employ an estimated 144,000 employees. Emerson Electric made $18.4 billion in revenue in 2019 and market capitalization of $30.2 billion. They are believed to have over 88,000 employees. Panduit made $1 billion in revenue in 2018. Ericsson made over $12.4 billion in 2018. Nokia's 2018 revenue was $26.6 billion. In 2019, CommScope made $8.3 billion in revenue. Rittal GmbH & Co. KG made $1.4 billion in 2018. Nortek made $2.5 billion in revenue. IBM's 2019 revenue was $77.1 billion. Finally, Huawei Technologies made $122 billion in revenue in 2019.