Data Center Stakeholders: OEM, Part 1
HPE, Eaton, Dell Technologies, Cisco, Schneider Electric, Vertiv, CyberPower Systems, Inc., 3M, Legrand, and TE Connectivity are among the top original equipment manufacturing companies for data centers. Details on the companies have been provided in the attached spreadsheet.
- Dell Technologies is a multinational company that designs, manufactures, markets, and sells products and services related to information technology. Dell was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in Round Rock, Texas.
- The company's offerings include PDUs, server racks, and battery storage products for the data center OEM market.
- The company's 2019 revenue was $90.6 billion.
- Cisco Systems, Inc. is engaged in the design, manufacture, and sale of networking products and services related to the communications and information technology industry. The company was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in San Jose, California.
- For data center OEM markets, Cisco provides computing and storage products like B-Series Blade Servers, C-Series Rack Servers, PDU racks, data center designs, and networking offerings.
- The company's 2019 revenue was $51.9 billion.
- Schneider Electric is a company that specializes in the digital transformation of energy storage and automation systems for data centers, houses, manufacturing, utilities, and industries. The company was founded in 1836, and its headquarters is located in Rueil-Malmaison, France.
- In the data center OEM market, Schneider Electric's solutions include cable manufacturing, PDUs, rack systems, UPS, and cooling systems for data centers.
- Schneider Electric generated more than $30 billion in revenue in 2019.
- 3M is a global designer, producer, and marketer of diverse products in four market segments: protection and manufacturing, transport and technology, health care, and consumer. The company was founded in 1902 and is headquartered in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- 3M provides cooling, cables assemblies, and server products for data centers.
- The company generated revenue of $32.1 billion in 2019.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise offers technology solutions and industry-standard servers for multi-workload computing, business-critical servers, database solutions, and secondary workload solutions. The company was founded in 1939 and is headquartered in San Jose, California.
- HPE OEM solutions for data centers include networking products like server racks, switches, and data center storage items.
- HPE generated $29.1 billion in revenue in 2019.
- Eaton is a diversified multinational power management business operating in six segments; aerospace, vehicle, eMobility, electrical products, electrical systems and services, and hydraulics. The company was founded in 1916 and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.
- Eaton's data center OEM capabilities include data center designs and build, UPS products, enclosures, power distribution products, and advanced power management solutions.
- Eaton generated $21.39 billion in revenue in 2019.
CyberPower Systems Inc.
- CyberPower Systems, Inc. engages in the worldwide "research and development, manufacture and sale of UPS, portable power converters, power surge protectors and computer peripherals and related accessories". The company was founded in 1997 and is based in Taipei, Taiwan.
- CyberPower Systems data center OEM solutions include UPS systems, PDUs, server racks, surge protectors, power accessories.
- CyberPower Systems Inc. generated $9.5 billion in revenue in 2019.
- TE Connectivity manufactures and markets networking and sensor systems in over 140 countries. The company was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Schaffhausen, Switzerland.
- In data center OEM markets, the company provides storage solutions, server, cable assemblies, switching and routing equipment, and signal connectors.
- The company's 2019 revenue was $13.4 billion.
- Legrand is a global specialist in providing electrical and digital building infrastructures. The company was founded in 1865 and is headquartered in Limoges France.
- In data center OEM markets, the company's solutions include the design and building of data centers, PDU products, UPS, racks and cooling, and cabling racks.
- The company generated $7.4 billion in revenue in 2019.
- Vertiv designs, builds, and operates essential infrastructure for vital data center, telecom network, and commercial and industrial applications. The company was founded in 2016 and is headquartered in Columbus, U.S.
- Vertiv engages in the designing and building of data centers, manufacturing of PDUs, as well as racks and containment products like server racks, network racks, control room infrastructure, and integrated solutions like cable landing stations.
- In 2019, Vertiv generated $4.43 billion in revenue.
The companies we profiled were chosen based on their status as market leaders in the data center OEM markets, and they were ranked based on their revenues. We compiled the companies from various industry reports on the data center market from news and industry report sources like Technavio, Businesswire, and GlobeNewsWire and compared each company's revenue to only include those with the highest revenues.