Daily COVID-19 Scams (April 11)
A search for scams relating to COVID-19 was conducted on April 11, 2020. The results of the search can be viewed on this Google spreadsheet. The search revealed:
Continued Fraud Based Upon:
- False claims of individuals able to provide personal protective equipment.
- Claims that a product can cure COVID-19.
- The selling of products to prevent COVID-19 infection.
- Scams involving illegitimate healthcare workers or affiliates selling COVID-19 testing.
- Fraudulent charities soliciting funds for COVID-19 relief.
A comprehensive search was performed to find the most recent examples of COVID-19 scam related arrests and reports of attempted scams.