Key Topics: Adobe’s Shantanu Narayen
Adobe has identified that digital transformation will drive its customer experience improvement. According to its CEO Shantanu Narayen, Adobe;s primary focus in 2019 has been re-imagining the customer journey and developing a cross-platform experience for its customers.
RE-IMAGINING CUSTOMER JOURNEY
- Adobe has been the industry leader in the development of creative software. Its award-winning software includes Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Unfortunately, Adobe had been slow to pivot towards the explosion of content and data. Also, its product cycles were too slow (12 to 18-month product cycle) whereas it had poor customer relationships.
- Adobe had to transform its operations model to remain innovative and improve customer experience. Adobe identified that it had to re-imagine the customer journey for the customer.
- First, Adobe changed its operational model to become a subscription-based business. Within this model, it would develop innovative software much faster, which significantly improved customer experience. Secondly, Adobe focused on collecting data on customer intent to deliver the personalized user experience.
- Adobe developed a data-driven operating model (DDOM) as the single source of truth on the customer journey including product discovery, trying, buying, use, and renewal. DDOM provides a common portal for evaluating the customer journey, metrics, and goals.
Shantanu Narayen Quotes
- “Our success has been predicated on the core belief that digital transformation starts by re-imagining the entire customer journey.”
- "Measuring our progress, measuring our success, and perhaps most challenging of all, scaling the processes and personalizing the journey, not just for one customer, but for tens of millions of customers."
- "The idea is to give customers the right offer at the right time. Customer engagement, particularly in the subscription business, is about driving lifetime value. At Adobe we like to say -customer- retention is growth.
- “We decided to turn our multi-billion dollar creative business on its head. [We wanted to be] innovative and offer fast updates, ditch the boxes, and move to a subscription-based business model, and in an entirely new way to reach our customers with creative platforms.”
- “We’ve built a DDOM dashboard that now is a single source of truth that has democratized [our] data and shifted the discussion … with all stakeholders across the world [focusing] on insights and actions.”
- Innovation is growing at an unprecedented scale and directions. Despite the progress, customers are demanding to access multiple products within the same platform. Importantly, customers are interested in having their data on multiple platforms to inform better insights and decisions.
- To improve customer experience in using its software, Adobe has championed a cross-platform approach. In this pursuit, Adobe partnered with ServiceNow, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and SAP in 2019.
- Adobe enhanced and launched new products that integrate and promote a cross-platform approach. Among Adobe's innovation in cross-platform customer experience, pivot includes the innovation of the Adobe Experience Cloud to deliver cross=platform workflow integrations and real-time intelligence. Such software innovations result in a seamless and frictionless cross-platform customer experience.
Shantanu Narayen Quotes
- “We became a company that focused on customer intent so we could deliver a personalized experience at every single platform. In the end we became a more successful company.”
- "It’s engaging with the customers on the channel of their choice."
- “Customer Experience Management unlocks digital transformation and Adobe is leading the way with continuous innovation in Adobe Experience Cloud and through key partnerships with ServiceNow, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and SAP.”
- "We’ve done the heavy lifting to make sure we run on Azure Cloud."