At-Home Prescription Consumers: Hims Demographics
After an exhaustive search of the Hims website, case studies, news articles, and press releases, investor reports, and industry-related publications, data and insights on the demographics of Hims customers do not appear to be in the public domain. However, using different web tools, the research team has pulled different demographic data related to visitors to the Hims website. Males make up 65.52% of HIMS website visitors; the highest age range of visitors to the HIMS website is the 25 to 34 cohorts, accounting for 29.48% of all web visits.
WEBSITE VISIT DEMOGRAPHICS
- Visitors aged between 17 and 24 make up 22.73% of HIMS web visitors.
- The highest age range of visitors to the HIMS website is the 25 to 34 cohorts, accounting for 29.48% of all web visits.
- The cohort 35-44 make up 20.94% of all web visits to the HIMS website.
- The cohort 45-54 make up 13.43% of all web visits to the HIMS website.
- Visitors aged between 55 and 64 make up 8.76% of HIMS web visitors.
- The cohort aged 65 and above make up 4.65% of all web visits to the HIMS website.
KEYWORD SPECIFIC DEMOGRAPHICS
- According to the analysis provided by SimilarWeb, the most popular keywords in the organic search of HIMS are 'hims', 'forhims', and 'for hims'.
- The gender demographic search profile for the 'hims' keyword is broken down as follows:
- The age demographic search profile for the 'hims' keyword is broken down as follows:
To identify the demographics of customers using Hims, we started off our search by checking if there were reports that examined the topic. Although we found a publication by Quantcast titled 'Ranking Websites by Demographics' where it ranks websites based on their demographics. However, we quickly found that none of the published data was specific to Hims.
We also looked to see if we could find investor reports as these reports typically specify the company's customer demographics, but a search of the public domain did not reveal any reports of that nature. A thorough examination of the website was equally fruitless.
We then switched gears and looked to see if we could find case studies of agencies Hims had worked with in the past to see if they published any relevant data or insight on its customer demographics. However, the case studies we found were related to brand strategy and did not include any relevant customer insights.
Another approach we explored was to conduct a press search on the subject matter to see if we could pool together insights from different articles. Our findings indicate that there is little or no demographic data on Hims in the public domain. The articles we found mostly focused on the investments it receives and starting a female version of Hims.
As a last resort, we turned to website analysis tools such as Alexa, SimilarWeb, and SEMrush. SimilarWeb was extremely helpful as it had information on the age and gender distribution of visitors to the Hims websites, although we had to register for the pro version (for free) to access the information. We also put the most-used organic keywords found on SimilarWeb through a keyword demographic tool, but only the 'hims' keyword returned demographics data. Kindly note that the SimilarWeb and demographic tool link all default to their home page, but the information is also available in the attached document.