CueMath Company Profile
Cuemath is an Indian startup that specializes in providing online math lessons to children between kindergarten and grade ten. They have over 40,000 students learning across 100 cities in India. Information on the company’s competitive advantage, revenues, business/sales model, target customers, advertising strategy, and recent news coverage is provided below.
- Cuemath provides online math lessons to children between kindergarten and grade ten. Unlike other online lesson providers, Cuemath focuses on the role of a teacher to deliver individual attention and personalize the right content for each student.
- A month of classes will typically cost around INR 2,000.
- Cuemath handles the training and certification of teachers, while also enabling them to teach from home through their platform. In return, teachers share 40% of the revenue to Cuemath.
- The startup is also funded by Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Unitus Ventures, Manta Ray Ventures, and Trifecta Capital Advisors.
- Cuemath’s main users are children between kindergarten and grade ten but primarily markets to their parents. Cuemath’s CEO Manan Khurma estimates that close to half of the school kids in India are taking after school math classes.
- They have over 5,000 teaching centers in over 100 Indian cities including Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, and others. The startup is planning to serve millions of students worldwide and accepts students from the United States, Australia, Canada, Dubai, and more.
- Cuemath claims an annual run rate revenue of $10 million in February 2020.
- Instead of relying solely on the quality of their lessons, Cuemath focuses on delivering individual attention and customized learning content to outperform its competition.
- Khurma claims that their platform can help students complete course curriculum 20% faster than other providers. This is because it uniquely personalizes class and worksheets to cater to the individual needs of every student.
- According to their website, Cuemath “8th graders outperform other 10th graders in competitive exams” and “3 out of 4 Cuemath students bagged the top ranks in International Math Olympiad”.
- Unlike regular home tutors, Cuemath handpicks their teachers and trains them on math concepts and teaching strategies. Each teacher cannot enroll over 8 students to ensure adequate attention.
- Cuemath primarily recruits students through digital advertising campaigns and local referrals.
- Cuemath marketing staff executes email/ SMS marketing campaigns and paid advertisements through Google AdWords and Facebook ads. The company has experience running ads on TikTok and also interactive marketing content such as puzzles and quizzes to engage with target audiences.
- They also have worked with firms such as WebEngage and ET Media Labs to improve their marketing workflow.
Recent News Articles
Following are some recent news articles about Cuemath:
1. Love of Learning in the Time of Coronavirus
- On 7th April 2020, YourStory published a news article covering Cuemath’s special initiative to make their courses free to access during the Coronavirus epidemic. The article also briefly explains Cuemath’s unique feature of studying with a teacher instead of watching a recorded video.
2. How Cuemath is Redefining the Concept of Learning Math
- On 5th March 2020, YourStory published a news article covering India’s math education gap and Cuemath’s role in tackling the problem. The article also briefly explains Cuemath’s approach to instilling children's interest to learn the subject.
3. Cuemath Takes Teacher-First Approach To Solve India’s Maths Phobia
- On 26th February 2020, Inc42 published a news article covering Cuemath’s unique approach to the math education problem in India. The article also covers the CEO’s vision for the future of the company.
4. After More Than 2 Years, Google-Backed Cuemath Is Now Raising $5.45 Mn Series B
- On 9th December 2019, Inc42 published a news article covering Cuemath’s series B funding round. The article also briefly explains Cuemath’s funding history and business outlook.
5. 500 Parents Decode Student-Teacher Relationship
- On 14th November 2018, India Today published a news article covering Cuemath’s survey of 500 parents to understand their view on one-on-one interactions between students and teachers. The article also briefly covers how Cuemath’s platform help teachers to better engage with students one-on-one.
6. Soon, Google AI Tools to Help Customize Learning for the Students
- On 15th July 2018, Business Standard published a news article covering Cuemath’s use of Google’s AI technology to customize student’s learning. The article is listed as a key story on the site and requires a paid subscription for full access.
7. Parents Believe Math is Not Taught Well in Schools Today
- On 13th June 2018, The New Indian Express published a news article covering Cuemath’s survey of 1,000 parents across key Indian cities to understand their views on the Math Anxiety problem. The article also covers Khurma’s take of the situation.
8. Ex-FreeCharge CEO Rajan Joins Cuemath as COO
- On 2nd May 2018, The Economic Times published a news article covering former CEO of FreeCharge, Govind Rajan joining Cuemath as its chief operating officer. The article also covers Rajan’s professional experience and how he is a valuable addition to Cuemath.
We've only included articles dated after May 2018 to fit the definition of recent and prioritized search results according to relevance. Articles covering the same news such as Cuemath's series B funding and published survey results are omitted to avoid repeating content. For such news, coverage from the publisher ranked first by the search engine is selected.