Crystal Gemstone Demographics
The typical buyers of crystal gemstones are married, educated females in their 20s-30s. They make a minimum average salary of $69,000, although it is likely significantly higher. This group is not particularly religious.
- The typical buyers of crystal gemstones are in their 20s-30s making them a millennial cohort.
- Women comprise the majority of this group to PS Mag and Fast Company.
- 54% of millennial women are married.
- 21% have never married, but want to be married.
- 5% have never married and have no plans to marry.
- 20% were previously married.
- This group isn't known for being religious, with only half of millennials believing that God exists.
- Only 40% say that religion is very important in their lives.
- 42% of Americans believe that spiritual energy can be located in objects, like crystals.
- The average millennial combined household income is $69,000.
- The average salary of an executive must also be taken into consideration, since this is a significant part of the demographic. The average business executive makes $81,708 yearly.
- Therefore, the minimum income of a crystal purchaser would be $69,000, but it is very likely that the amount is closer to that of a business executive which is $81,708.
- Colleen McCann, who is a spiritual shaman and uses crystals to aid her, states that over half her clients are entrepreneurs and business executives. Although they do not purchase the crystals from her, this is indicative of the consumer base.
- Even though women are the most populous of the group, business men are a growing group that purchase crystals. They purchase the crystals due to stress and to make better business decisions.
- Millennial women are, for the most part, better educated than their predecessors, with 43% having college degrees.
- Taking into account that a good portion of this group has a professional job, we must also look at the fact that business executives almost always have a Bachelor's degree if not a professional degree.
- Therefore, the majority of crystal buyers are college educated.