AI and Bots for Recruiting
Professional firms in the accounting, consulting, and technology are using artificial intelligence and bots throughout the recruitment process by enhancing the quality of candidate experience and this helps the firms to identify and extract the best applicants/candidates suitable for the open position. Professional firms mostly believed that adopting artificial intelligence for recruiting improves talent acquisition and employee retention while chatbots like Mya, helps the recruiters in applicant engagement and current employee relationship.
Information and insights
- According to Tim Pröhm, VP and global practice strategy lead of Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO), Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group at Kelly Services, chatbots and robotic process automation (RPA) helped raise the candidate experience by giving their recruiters the focus on human interaction during the application process and interview process, while their RPA reduces the non-strategic tasks. Tim Pröhm was able to monitor and learn from the candidate's questions and concerns, which from there, he was given the ability to create a more refined conversational intelligence for better quality responses.
- According to Alexander Mann Solutions, "a recruiting outsourcing and consultancy service provider made an early investment with artificial intelligence." This is of great help to the company by processing and extracting the information on resumes and to easily identify which candidate or applicant is best suited for the position.
- A financial services group named DBS Bank is using artificial intelligence called virtual bank recruiter, Jobs Intelligence Maestro (JIM). This virtual bank recruiter helped the company in the pre-screening, resume reviews, candidate's response collection, and conducting psychometric assessments throughout the hiring process said James Loo, the human resource head of the company.
- This technology also enhanced the data analytics for them to be able to hire the best employee that is fit for the job. JIM has a positive influence on recruitment changes in data creating effective interview training.
- Deloitte company, one of the "Big Four" accounting organizations, uses artificial intelligence contract management solutions. Through its HR teams, it uses this as a way to improve their company hiring.
- Tech Mahindra, an information technology company, uses artificial intelligence to speed up the hiring process. They use this AI-led system to help the HR filter the fit candidates from a large candidate database.
- The usual employee to HR conversation and engagements are turned into the work of chatbots called UVO. UVO provides assistance to company employees regarding their leave, cash advance or travel matters.
- Mindtree, an Indian information technology firm, uses artificial intelligence in the selection process during the recruitment. They use this AI not only for processing large data, but it also provides assistance with identifying the right resumes, eliminating bias, and discover fraudulent resumes.
Recruiters believe AI improves talent acquisition and employee retention
- Ninety-six percent of recruiters believed that with the use of artificial intelligence, they can improve talent acquisition and employee retention with a 100% positive response.
- Sixty-three percent responded that artificial intelligence has a great impact on the recruiting process and 69% said that the quality of candidates being hired is enhanced with the help of artificial intelligence.
- The artificial intelligence recruiting improves outreach. It can collect data from vast numbers of active and passive applicants and analyze it to easily identify who is the best fit for the position.
- The artificial intelligence recruiting removes bias hiring. According to the National Academy of Sciences, 55,000 job applications have racial discrimination over the past 25 years. Artificial intelligence in the hiring process may help eliminate this issue by setting the artificial intelligence to bias-free.
- The artificial intelligence recruiting improve analytics. With the use of this technology, it can enhance the applicant tracking system (ATS) analytics to save time in the whole hiring process.
- With artificial intelligence recruiting, a recruiter can be able to give aptitude tests to candidates easily. This can help them assess candidate proficiency.
The use of Ai-POWERED ASSISTANTS
- The launch of Mya and IBM's Watson Candidate Assistant as an artificial intelligence platform is expected to be used by 18,000 employees and it is continuously growing over the past 5 years.
- Artificial intelligence conversational assistants like Paradox Olivia and Mya Systems are used by companies in pre-screening applicants and to respond to inquiries about the positions using natural conversation processing.
- Companies who adopt chatbots have been increasing in 2019. These chatbots are used to serve internal customers like employees.
- Today, in the life cycle of an employee in the company, there is usually a chatbot solution used.
- L'Oreal, a cosmetic company, is using a bot in hiring employees.
- According to the Global VP Eva Azoulay of L'Oreal's HR, they acquired artificial intelligence in the hiring process to have more quality, diversity and candidate experience. The AI is called Mya, a chatbot which handles applicant queries, check availability and visa requirements to save recruiters time in the first stage of the hiring process.
- The company has the ability to double check the profile of the candidates who are and are not fit for the job with the help of Mya.
- LinkedIn Corp provides artificial intelligence based services to clients including the use of artificial intelligence in strategic business decisions that involve the hiring process. This artificial intelligence helps a business to see the competitiveness of the technology talent pool in a location.
- Fifty-five percent of HR managers are expecting artificial intelligence to be part of their company for the next 5 years.