McAfee earned $2.6 billion in annual revenue in 2018, and Cylance earned $1,040 billion at the end of its 2020 fiscal year. In 2018, Carbon Black generated $209.7 million in annual revenue, while FireEye generated $831 million. For the four competitors to Crowdstrike, all the requested details has been provided below.
- McAfee serves customers in several industries. They are aerospace, agriculture, automotive, aviation, consulting services and legal, education, energy/oil and gas, entertainment, financial services, government, healthcare, high technology, hospitality, hosting and telecommunications, insurance, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, public sector, and retail and e-commerce.
- The company employs 7,000 people located in multiple offices spread across 198 countries.
- It earned up to $2.6 billion in annual revenue in the year 2018.
- McAfee offers its customers a "holistic, automated, open security" platform with a "cloud-first approach". It mentions that its solutions enable client products to communicate, coexist, and share threat intelligence, regardless of their location on the digital landscape.
- It also states that its solutions are carefully built, to enable machine automation and human intelligence streamline workflows efficiently, thereby eliminating operational burden.
- Cylance serves the following industries; Healthcare, financial services, energy, government, retail, education, manufacturing, and arts & tourism.
- The company has a total of 3,647 full time and 21 part-time employees as of 29 February 2020.
- At the end of its 2020 fiscal year which ended on 29 February 2020, Cylance generated total revenue of $1,040 billion.
- One of the main competitive advantages of Cylance is its artificial intelligence approach to predicting and blocking emerging threats. It states that its system continually learns and gets better at preventing potential attacks.
- Other advantages which Cylance lists as its competitive strengths are product quality and reliability, compatibility across several ecosystems, corporate reputation, a broad set of security capabilities, and market visibility.
Carbon Black Inc
- The industries served by Carbin Black are finance, federal governments, healthcare, manufacturing, oil, gas, and utilities, retail and hospitality, and small business.
- It employs about 1000 people across its offices.
- In 2018, the company generated $209.7 million in annual revenue.
- The company states that its competitive advantage rests in its ability to prevent more threats, provide actionable insight, and encourage more effective and faster operations. It also offers clients the opportunity to choose the preferred endpoint protection that suits their team.
- Carbon Black leverages big data and analytics technology to offer "cloud-native endpoint protection", that protects its clients against threat regardless of how advanced they may be.
- FireEye offers its solutions and services to the following industries; Education, financial services, government, healthcare, industrial control systems, and retail.
- The company employs more than 3,200 people worldwide.
- At the end of its 2018 fiscal year, FireEye generated total revenue of $831 million.
- FireEye states that its primary advantage lies in its "adversary-based intelligence" provided by its global analyst network, its "high-fidelity, real-time visibility" into in-progress attacks provided by its virtual machines, and its ability to view methods employed by attackers to evade security technologies provided by its "Mandiant services engagements".
- The company also sets itself apart from its competitors with its "customer-first", Helix security platform, built with seamless technology, expertise, and intelligence, to improve security outcomes for its customers.